Main Menu

Best cushion?

Started by treein dixie, February 12, 2018, 10:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treein dixie

Feed back on best turkey seat cushion?? Thanks  :blob10:

Greg Massey

3bailey3

I have started using a chair mine is a browning and I love it, I can setup in a thicket or a tree top without the need for a tree to lean on!

BottomLand54

I hunt off of the ground 99.9 percent of the time and I spent allot time looking at turkey vests and I use a tatr 2 cabelas due to the memory foam seat. It really helps on hard ground and roots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

If you are only looking at a "cushion" and not a chair, the Hunt Comfort Fatboy Seat Cushion is the most comfortable cushion I have seen. Now I use this in the deer stand and I do use a chair for turkey hunting.

MK M GOBL

bobk

Fatboy Seat Cushions are the best that I have found.

idratherb

ARjtk

Quote from: BottomLand54 on February 12, 2018, 10:19:08 PM
I hunt off of the ground 99.9 percent of the time and I spent allot time looking at turkey vests and I use a tatr 2 cabelas due to the memory foam seat. It really helps on hard ground and roots.

I second the tatr cushions.

Dtrkyman

The inner tube works well...I use a chair mostly now...I tend to stay in a spot longer than I used to

FL-Boss

For just a cushion.. hard to beat the tatr cushion. But like others said, the gobbler chair changed the game for me in regards to comfort. Also seems to get less bugs and ticks when you can get your butt off the ground.

renegade19

Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 13, 2018, 04:44:28 AM
If you are only looking at a "cushion" and not a chair, the Hunt Comfort Fatboy Seat Cushion is the most comfortable cushion I have seen. Now I use this in the deer stand and I do use a chair for turkey hunting.

MK M GOBL

X2 on the Fat Boy!  I even take it deer hunting with me if I'm hunting a ladder stand that's not comfy.  I've had mine a long time and it's held up very well.  Don't let the $ scare you away from trying one.

BottomLand54

I really like the inner tube idea, at lunch when it gets hot can float down the creek and cool off.

treein dixie

Thanks folks I was hoping for some feed back on the fatboy cushion. 

TauntoHawk

a pretty good seat option is a Crazy Creek Hex chair.. Rolls up small doesn't weight much more than a pound and offers a reclined back rest

I got one for out west when glassing for elk and mule deer and if I didn't mind carrying it (strapped to my pack) in the Idaho mountains it certainly won't be a problem in the turkey woods.

To me it beats a plain cushion in comfort and versatility and is vastly more mobile than a 6lb turkey chair.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tnanh

My wife bought me a fat boy cushion. I had back surgery last summer and used it during deer season. Unbelievable how much difference it made. Only problem I can see for turkey hunting is it is heavy but I think it will be worth it. Why carry something lite if your butt and back still hurt?