OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NWFT Convention

Started by KYHeadhunter02, February 10, 2018, 12:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYHeadhunter02

Sad to say I've never been. Those that are going, feel free to post up some pics for us that are less fortunate.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

quavers59

Yeah-- if I was close-- I would be there!!

fallhnt

I've been in years past. Enjoy it all and be safe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

bluerivertrapper

I was really wanting to go, but have to work. Brother and a couple friends will be there so I will be checking in with them throughout the day.

Gobble!

BottomLand54

I save my days for hunting but would love to go sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Guy's I've been several times, just make sure you have a good pair of walking shoes...it's 4 days of nothing but turkeys... you need a pocket full of money....  I'm glad i'm not going... but if you have never been you DO need to plan a trip and go....

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 10, 2018, 09:38:59 AM
Guy's I've been several times, just make sure you have a good pair of walking shoes...it's 4 days of nothing but turkeys... you need a pocket full of money....  I'm glad i'm not going... but if you have never been you DO need to plan a trip and go....
Actually it's more everything else than turkeys.
Waterfowl callers honking in your ear as loud as possible is really really annoying.
Tv celebrity stars and other stuff that have no business being there take away from the Turkey hunting aspect of it.
If it wasn't so close to home and I didn't enjoy buying calls and talking to the call builders I wouldn't go.
Way too many people crowded around to navigate through and enjoy it.
I would love to see all the nonsense cut out and the convention be TURKEY ONLY.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on February 10, 2018, 11:24:07 AM
Waterfowl callers honking in your ear as loud as possible is really really annoying.
Tv celebrity stars and other stuff that have no business being there take away from the Turkey hunting aspect of it.
If it wasn't so close to home and I didn't enjoy buying calls and talking to the call builders I wouldn't go.

I agree, but it takes all of what you posted to pay the bills... I enjoy all the different aspects of the convention... my opinion ....

southern_leo

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on February 10, 2018, 11:24:07 AM

I hear ya but I personally disagree. The focus is turkey and the majority of stuff is turkey. I enjoy hunting other stuff also so seeing deer and predator stuff is fun too. This is the only show I get to go to so I like the variety. Now if I was in a position to travel to other hunting shows maybe I'd have a different opinion. But I enjoy it all honestly.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Spitten and drummen

I have been once and won't go back. I love custom Calls and callmakers but while there I only saw a few. It was a lot of other things besides turkey hunting . I went to unicoi after that and I will continue to attend that. The convention was like a huge circus with a lot of dog and pony shows. As a matter of fact , many of the custom call makers fore go going there. That being said , every turkey hunter should attend it at least once.  Unicoi suits me much better.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

joey46

Went to at least three when I was living in western KY about 90 minutes away.  After the first experience only attended on Fridays.  Saturdays too crowded.  Worth it if you've never been.

Happy

Never been and quite frankly don't think I will ever want to. In my mind it is a hunting show x10. And I despise most hunting shows.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Greg Massey

Quote from: Happy on February 10, 2018, 04:41:30 PM
Never been and quite frankly don't think I will ever want to. In my mind it is a hunting show x10. And I despise most hunting shows.
Happy i know you wouldn't like it , it would cost you to much money.  :TooFunny: