turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NWFT Convention

Started by KYHeadhunter02, February 10, 2018, 12:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCbowjunkie

The cost of the stay, booth and meals are way too much for the common call maker. That's the reason very few custom call makers are there. The big companies can afford it. But me there is NO way I could sell enough to just break even. I would enjoy just to be there to check out the new stuff like boots, vest, and shotguns and sights, stuff like that. Maybe one day a bunch of old gobbler guys can meet and greet there.

KYHeadhunter02

No pics from anyone?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Happy

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 10, 2018, 04:48:32 PM
Quote from: Happy on February 10, 2018, 04:41:30 PM
Never been and quite frankly don't think I will ever want to. In my mind it is a hunting show x10. And I despise most hunting shows.
Happy i know you wouldn't like it , it would cost you to much money.  :TooFunny:
It isn't the money. I could walk around and not spend a dime on anything but food. I would find the hundreds of people desperate for attention running round and making a racket the most irritating. And I dont need to pay money to have people irritate me.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

GAarcher

Don't let any of these guys fool you Headhunter......it is the Super Bowl of all all shows and a "must do" for all turkey hunters. It is a pep rally right before season of 50,000+ people. I live 10 min from the Unicoi show and while I have been....it is nothing more than a family reunion of nostalgic call makers. It has the same measly crowd every year because they do nothing to promote it to the public. I travel 4 1/2 hours for this show over 10 min to Unicoi.

Happy

Some will love it, Some will hate it, and some won't care either way. It's up to the individual. I have nothing personal against it. I have just reached the age that I know what I like and what I don't like.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: GAarcher on February 10, 2018, 06:49:31 PM
Don't let any of these guys fool you Headhunter......it is the Super Bowl of all all shows and a "must do" for all turkey hunters. It is a pep rally right before season of 50,000+ people. I live 10 min from the Unicoi show and while I have been....it is nothing more than a family reunion of nostalgic call makers. It has the same measly crowd every year because they do nothing to promote it to the public. I travel 4 1/2 hours for this show over 10 min to Unicoi.

Those nostalgic callmakers are who most of us on here get calls from. And it is like a family reunion of sorts. You get time to visit with a lot of the old time turkey hunters. To each his own though.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Gooserbat

I work full-time in the outdoor sports industry as a sales representative.  I own the call company a build my own calls.  With that in mind, take into consideration I attended more shows annually as a vendor than most people do in 10 years.  NWTF is hands down best show I attended in regards to enjoyment.  Sure it can get crowded and there's some commercialization but that's with anything. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

southern_leo

Everyone who hates the crown of NWTF go Friday morning and be there when it opens. You get around just fine and see everything. It's awesome I love it. I'd love to male unicoi one day too. Yes it is commercialized but who cares it's fun. If you like hunting you'll enjoy the show. I don't like big crowds to I take friday off work and go. I've heard Saturday and Sunday are horrible, crowd wise.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I feel it's funny how people who have never been feel they wouldn't like the NWTF Convention. If you haven't  been, how could you know you wouldn't like the show. It's one of the best family friendly show's you could ever attend. They have all kinds of stuff going on for you to do and see... all i'm saying is you are missing a change of a lifetime to see and meet a lot of turkey talking people... just opinion

Happy

I have never been beaten with a baseball bat and I am sure I wouldn't like that.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Happy on February 10, 2018, 08:47:46 PM
I have never been beaten with a baseball bat and I am sure I wouldn't like that.
I hope you haven't either, but I've never seen anyone at the Convention beat with a baseball bat. I see a lot of people just supporting NWTF and having a good time...

Happy

More power to them. Ain't my Thang though.

Greg Massey

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Happy on February 10, 2018, 08:54:37 PM
More power to them. Ain't my Thang though.

Im with you happy. It is not for everyone. I don't like trying to visit booths with people pushing and shoving elbow to elbow. Friday isn't bad but the weekend is horrible.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Cane Cutter

Friday is by far the best day IMO.  I tend to limit movement on Saturday LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bringin tha boom to ya room!