OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Time to get those calls out and piss off our wives!

Started by 1tiogabowhunter, February 08, 2018, 07:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gergg

I guess I got lucky, my wife never complains about me calling in the house, same room doesn't matter, she is a gem. She does go hunting with me too, doesn't care to shoot one, but loves to get out there with me which is cool.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

mspaci

Sixes

Married to complainer and fathered another.

Takes about 3 notes before I hear the yelling, I just ignore them for the most part.

But, my wife and daughter have never said a word about me hunting, and I am gone a lot in the spring and a whole lot in the fall.

Luckily, I work solo about 70% of the time in a plant control room, so I have ample time to practice. I actually leave some calls at work all the time to practice with. Plus, we have a very big population of turkeys here at work and I can go out in the mornings and get harass them

It's live the tree philosophy, if no one is around to hear me call, then am I making any noise.

greencop01

Quote from: 1tiogabowhunter on February 09, 2018, 07:35:05 PM
He has a waiting list but I do not think its to crazy - his mini boats are killers!
Quote from: crow on February 08, 2018, 09:17:10 PM
I never get tired of watching that,
He is one of the good guys
Thanks for the video, he's one of the guys who knew and learned from Neil Cost, and the names that roll off his lips.... Tips and technique, I can't learn enough to call in Toms, the older I get the more I realize you learn something new everyday.  And by the way my caiiin no matter how good drives my Becky up the wall.   :turkey:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

jmart241

Im blessed mine never says a word. She enjoys hunting turkey has shot many of them got one by herself last spring was priceleess how excited she was.

crow

I may have found her limit, too many KeeKee's and gobbles combined with the wind from this North Easter, I'm heading for the barn.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1tiogabowhunter on February 08, 2018, 07:24:02 PM
A couple years ago I paid a visit to Ralph Snodgrass and made this video.  He makes a great call and is one of the few old school turkey hunters left in the sport. 

Thanks for posting this, it will be of great help to me.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

yelpy

Ralph is one of the best teachers and best paddle call makers out there!!! He is a turkey killing machine. I enjoyed visiting him a few years back and would like to pay him another visit but I need to have lots of cash in hand. LOL!

ferocious calls

My wife has not said a word about calling in the house since I came home from the first show and handed her the loot. She asked " what's this for"? I returned " that's from all that calling you've been complaining about.

Funny how she had such sensitive ears before that day.

Yoder409

Quote from: ferocious calls on March 22, 2018, 05:40:19 PM
My wife has not said a word about calling in the house since I came home from the first show and handed her the loot. She asked " what's this for"? I returned " that's from all that calling you've been complaining about.

Funny how she had such sensitive ears before that day.

Cash in Momma's hand can right a MULTITUDE of wrongs....................... yep.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Muck

Thanks for sharing this video.  Ralph is the real deal for sure.  You don't make over 600 calls without learning a few tricks along the way.

Sir-diealot

I am already getting much better sound because of this video.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Cut N Run

It takes about 8 tenths of one second of me playing a turkey call to piss my wife off.  She likens it to fingers on a blackboard.  She doesn't complain about having fresh turkey meat in the house though.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Boilermaker

Quote from: Sixes on February 10, 2018, 07:42:25 PM
Married to complainer and fathered another.

Takes about 3 notes before I hear the yelling, I just ignore them for the most part.

But, my wife and daughter have never said a word about me hunting, and I am gone a lot in the spring and a whole lot in the fall.

Luckily, I work solo about 70% of the time in a plant control room, so I have ample time to practice. I actually leave some calls at work all the time to practice with. Plus, we have a very big population of turkeys here at work and I can go out in the mornings and get harass them

It's live the tree philosophy, if no one is around to hear me call, then am I making any noise.

You have to practice somewhere!! Do you work in a power plant?

paboxcall

Quote from: Muck on March 22, 2018, 09:54:47 PM
Thanks for sharing this video.  Ralph is the real deal for sure.  You don't make over 600 calls without learning a few tricks along the way.

Couldn't agree more. Snozz is one of the old school turkey hunters who learned the box call craft from Mr. Cost. I sure appreciate the times I've shared with him chasing birds over the years. Just a super guy who taught me a lot about hunting turkeys. Here is my favorite long box ever - a Snozz special in every way with a maple lid sitting pretty on a sweet talking piece of persimmon. I've had this probably 15+ years (number 388 on his long list), and it just gets better each season as it ages. Crazy how that happened.

Thanks to 1tioga for capturing Ralph in action!

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer