turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 gauge stock

Started by Swampfoxforeman, February 06, 2018, 08:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampfoxforeman

I have a older Remmy 870 express Magnum 20 gauge. I was thinking of taking the wood stock off putting the ShurShot stock on. Any thoughts if it worth it? I wished the ShurShot stock came in camo.

FXDWG

Love my sureshot. It really helps with recall. This isn't an issue with a 20g, I love it for holding the gun up for extended periods.

Swampfoxforeman

Does anyone know if the stock on the old 870 20gauge Magnums were the same size as the 870 12s?

Sand Man

Quote from: Swampfoxforeman on February 06, 2018, 10:35:44 PM
Does anyone know if the stock on the old 870 20gauge Magnums were the same size as the 870 12s?

Does the receiver say Magnum on the side?  I do know at one point Remington did use the same size receiver for the 12 and 20ga.  If it is the same size, I'd highly suggest getting one of the 12ga Knoxx stocks for it rather than the SureShot.  I have both and like both.  However, I like being able to adjust the length of the stock with the Knoxx so my wife or kids can shoot it as well rather than it being a fixed length with the SureShot.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Swampfoxforeman

Yes it says Magnum on the side. I did find out it is a LW Magnum. I really don't know what the Magnum is for anyone?

Sand Man

Quote from: Swampfoxforeman on February 07, 2018, 06:47:33 PM
Yes it says Magnum on the side. I did find out it is a LW Magnum. I really don't know what the Magnum is for anyone?

Yeah, I'm not sure either.  Maybe try to call Remington with the serial number and ask?  I do know there was an early production run of 20s that did use the 12ga frame.  I'm just not sure how to distinguish between those models.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Izzyjoe

I think the earlier one had an x in the sn# that used the larger frame, I had one years ago, but I sold it to fund another project. The smaller frame has a U or K in the sn#.