OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Striker

Started by StruttinGobbler3, February 05, 2018, 09:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

What is your favorite striker wood that runs well on a variety of surfaces, and who makes it? Thanks
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Gobble!

Obsession Calls Macassar Ebony

Coop1082

Bill Lyman Dymondwood (good luck finding one) and a Lyman Tulipwood.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

StruttinGobbler3

Quote from: Gobble! on February 05, 2018, 09:09:07 PM
Obsession Calls Macassar Ebony

Very funny you should say that, I just ordered a Macassar ebony striker from obsession
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Greg Massey

Well i have more than one best, it depends on what pot surface i'm plays.. ASH, Hickory, Fred Cox Tulipwood, Ipe, snakewood ....

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Haymarket

I have a bunch of good ones, and the best all around is a one piece Hank's Lacewood. It sounds great on a lot of calls, and at least good on every decent call I have.  Really versatile. Hank matched it to a slate he sold me, and it turned out to be awesome.

I also just got a Stuckey Macassar Ebony / Burl Maple that is very good, a good Stuckey purpleheart and a Stuckey Dymondwood that are good, and a Fowler Tulipwood two piece that is really versatile. I like most of my Stuckey and Fowlers that I have.

Chris O

Tulip wood and Osage are probably my favorite 2 . Stuckey, Fowler, Cox,Sinclair,are all good and I know I left out several more makers

cramerhunts

I have three from West Augusta on here that work well on every call I have but the black locust and Dymondwood he made for me are the very best I have ever ran.

chuckward

Macassar ebony or Woodhaven strike 3 flair tip work on most surfaces

Ranger

Spring Allure, the "Segregated" edition
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Geechie

I don't know about the best but I bought a Misfire Australian Cypress at Unicoi last year that works on every pot call that I own.

Wigsplitter

Stuckeys Mac ebony... excellent on glass and crystal

Sir-diealot

Stuckey Tulip wood and an old Halloran Ipe that I got in a lot here last year, sounds great on almost any surface.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Don't over look Neal Herrman on the forum , he makes some killer strikers and is always willing to help people on the forum...