OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Striker

Started by StruttinGobbler3, February 05, 2018, 09:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 12, 2019, 11:41:14 PM
Don't over look Neal Herrman on the forum , he makes some killer strikers and is always willing to help people on the forum...
Have to agree, I have two diamond wood strikers from him and they make the calls roll over effortlessly.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

zelmo1

My own acrylic and purpleheart strikers are my 2 favorites

raven105

My #1 is a Cocobolo one piece from Chad Gunzenhauser that runs on everything. I wouldn't trade it for anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

appalachianstruttstopper

My all time favorite is a yellow heart striker I got bout 25 years ago from heart of dixie game calls. Another favorite is purple heart on slate and glass.

coyote1

It depends, I like different strikers depending on the call surface. The strikers always in my vest are Halloran hickory, ipe, blood wood, lights out birch, dymondwood and a stuckey Macassar ebony.

Double B

Followed by buzzards

Turkeytider

A walnut over tulipwood from Harold Fowler. Makes a great sound made by a great guy.

Spitten and drummen

You asked for one so my vote goes to tulipwood. In my experience it has been the most versatile on different surfaces. That beind said , i have so many strikers and its hard to narrow down the best one I own. I have a few awesome ones , several good ones and some well not so goodbones. Im a fan of tulip , macassar , dymond , osage , purpleheart , yellowheart and hickory. Those seem to ride along in my vest every year. The maker may change but the wood type pretty much stays the same.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

LaLongbeard

I only use one crystal pot nowadays and I got Neal to make me a couple Rutland dymond wood strikers and there all hen.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Harty

Neal's Rutland dymondwood

yelpaholic

Bill Lyman snakewood , dymonwood . Stucky macassar an snakewood . The two piece dymonwood that Schaffer sells also ..  in that order

Sixes

Fowler snakewood, Fowler Black Locust, Woodhaven Birch

Turkeytider

Quote from: Sixes on February 16, 2019, 10:34:12 AM
Fowler snakewood, Fowler Black Locust, Woodhaven Birch

Have a snakewood from Harold as well. Thing really barks on a Crystal Mistress.

bobk

Lyman Diamondwood  and Snakewood,  Torman and Fowler Black Locust

West Augusta

Black locust or Dymondwood from just about anybody.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.