OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Super Bowl question

Started by chrisun, February 05, 2018, 10:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisun

Hi All,

I am like most people and enjoy watching NFL football on Sunday. I am certainly not a super fan by any means. However, I always wondered why they don't schedule the super bowl on a Saturday night? I have to be up at 4 am for work on Monday, so staying up can be hard. In my opinion they would get even more people watching the game if they changed it to Saturday. Is it simply tradition that keeps the Super Bowl on a Sunday? I'm not suggesting to change any of the regular season, but to me it would make sense to change the super bowl to a Saturday. Just wanted to get some other peoples thought on the matter.

Thanks.
John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

Happy

I would be willing to bet it is because more people are relaxing on Sunday afternoons.
Ratings would probably drop if it was a sat or weekday.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

BottomLand54

Ought to be in the Lords house on Sunday. Folks rather be entertained then serve the Lord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Did we have a super bowl game Sunday ?

BottomLand54

Sunday morning and Sunday evening and Wednesday evening.

Nothing wrong with watching football or playing football or a Super bowl. I think American heritage was faith and family not football.

I am a Christian, an American, and a traditionalist.

BottomLand54

Quote from: chrisun on February 05, 2018, 11:32:47 AM
Quote from: BottomLand54 on February 05, 2018, 10:50:20 AM
Ought to be in the Lords house on Sunday. Folks rather be entertained then serve the Lord.

I'm confused. How does watching football on Saturday or Sunday for that matter affect attending church? I'm guessing you spend the whole day in your church?
Also why not do it on Saturday God gives us 7 days why can't we take one to Just spend with family and friends and go to the local Church.

idratherb

Im sure theres other sites out there to discuss religion and politics

Greg Massey

AMEN .... Church is dismissed ....

compton30

I think the answer is because people are out doing things on a Saturday night. Same reason that the most popular tv shows don't air on a Saturday night.

dirt road ninja

Dollars! The one that bothers me the most is the College National Championship game on a Monday.

LaLongbeard

I couldn't care less about football but Saturday is the sabbath per the Bible Sunday was and is  the first day of the week per the Bible so if you had the game on Saturday who would be right then lol.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Chuck1443

Quote from: chrisun on February 05, 2018, 10:30:17 AM
Hi All,

...Just wanted to get some other peoples thought on the matter.

Thanks.
I believe the entertainment on Sunday (pro football, NASCAR...) is a ploy used by the devil to steer our focus from God. An interesting series of sermons by Dr David Jeremiah "I never thought I'd see the day!: culture at the crossroads". Each sermon in the series began with a short play set in 1950s, where lucifer hired an advertising firm to get his agenda out.

compton30

Quote from: BottomLand54 on February 05, 2018, 10:50:20 AM

What's the Lord's opinions about posting on forums to entertain oneself on the Lord's Day?

BottomLand54

I say amen glad I'm born again on my way to heaven and you guys it was no punt intended to offend any of you. For me and my house we are going to serve the Lord.

What I was saying is when this country was founded and years later Sunday was know as a day set apart as the Lords day. Yes Saturday is the sabbath however we are not under the law but under the blood of the new covenant. Everything has changed in America people do no respect God or Christians. People get offended when you talk about church. We should beable to talk about the Lord on this forum or anywhere i am not ashamed of Jesus. I'm saying have the races and Super Bowl and acc tournament and everything else on Saturday. It want happen because this thing is waxing worse and worse and before you know it In God We trust will be off our currency and out of our capital buildings because folks get too offended to hear the truth and know God is what made America America where you am even enjoy the freedom you and I enjoy.

Greg Massey

Quote from: chrisun on February 05, 2018, 01:38:15 PM
Let's leave God and our faith out of the question. I was only wondering why they wouldn't change the game to a Saturday.
Well. I think you got your Ans...  You can delete the post if you want.....