turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli SBE3 vs other options

Started by BobWalters, January 30, 2018, 11:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PALongspur

Both my Benelli's (SBEII and M2 20) shoot pretty much perfect, if anything maybe 60/40. Never had issues cycling light loads either. If I was buying another and had no intentions of shooting 3 1/2" loads, I would not hesitate to just go with the M2. I feel like they handle pretty much identical.

BobWalters

Quote from: BigPimpin on February 01, 2018, 05:39:31 AM
My M2 doesn't like light loads.  Neither does my SV or M1S90.    They all hit high.  I still like my 'Nelli's the best.  I don't bother with shooting skeet.  Lightest loads I shoot are Rio 1350 at dove birds.  No problems atol.

Doesn't like light loads because they hit high or because they have cycle issues? Or both?

BottomLand54

Another reason guys have trouble with a sbe2 cycling light loads Is because there snapping the trigger before the gun in shouldered not allowing the stock to be against anything solid, causing the inertia system not to work properly. Kinda like limp wristing a hand gun. I suppose this is why I have never had a problem with any benelli or franchi.

Every product has a negative review and it's funny because all you always hear is the negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taylorjones20

Quote from: BottomLand54 on February 01, 2018, 12:15:30 PM
Another reason guys have trouble with a sbe2 cycling light loads Is because there snapping the trigger before the gun in shouldered not allowing the stock to be against anything solid, causing the inertia system not to work properly. Kinda like limp wristing a hand gun. I suppose this is why I have never had a problem with any benelli or franchi.

Every product has a negative review and it's funny because all you always hear is the negative.

Great comment! I agree
Alive only by the Grace Of God

reynolds243

Personally I think the M2 feels much different then the SBE. The spring and action are not as crisp to me, the top of the receiver doesn't come off like the SBE making cleaning a big harder to name a few. Again it's your gun but I went with the SBE even though I don't shoot 3.5 Incase I ever decide to and the long term resell is better

BobWalters

So went to the gun store today and tried out 6 different shotguns with both 26 and 28 barrels. I had a store associate helping me and we were both in agreement that the Benelli M2 with 26" barrel was the perfect fit as far as off the shelf fit goes. I decided I wanted it in the realtree apg camo pattern as well which is product code 11108. Here in lies my maybe problem / concern. There was one in stock at the dealer, well I'm not quite financially ready to buy yet as when my shotgun journey started I was planning and hoping to just spend about $700 on either a V3 or A300 and the Benelli new runs 1200, but out of them all right off the shelf the Benelli feels amazing in every way shape and form. Yes guns come with shims and can be adjusted, but with the Benelli fitting so we'll just as is it's the one I want just not financially ready to double my expense yet. I came home to price check online dealers and it is sold out practically everywhere. Has the m2 or atleast the m2 in realtree apg being phased out or discontinued? I still see it on benellis website, however it's kinda concerning that it's sold out unavailable most places and that my dealer only has one left.

BottomLand54

They havnt got the new orders yet they are mailing them out as we speak. Benelli fills its orders after shot shot most of the time. So that being said that is probaly a last years m2 which doesn't matter, except the fact that you need to get a little cheaper in my opinion. Also was it already drilled and tapped on top of the barrel/receiver?

CrustyRusty

I think all current M2 are drilled and tapped...will the gun store allow lay away?  Great choice btw.

reynolds243

Just an option but buy black and have it dipped or cerekoted in what you want. The aftermarket dips are better quality and usually even cheaper. That's what I did with my SBE2 and couldn't be happier

BobWalters

Quote from: BottomLand54 on February 03, 2018, 07:35:02 AM
They havnt got the new orders yet they are mailing them out as we speak. Benelli fills its orders after shot shot most of the time. So that being said that is probaly a last years m2 which doesn't matter, except the fact that you need to get a little cheaper in my opinion. Also was it already drilled and tapped on top of the barrel/receiver?

It is not drilled and tapped, which doesn't matter to me as I wouldn't be putting any optics on it anyway. It's my understanding, which could be incorrect, that the m2 field steady grip models with 24" barrel is the only field model that comes ready for optics. This one is the regular model #11108 26" barrel

CrustyRusty

They usually have plastic plugs that are barely visible, see below:

Off Benelli website:

Additional Specifications

Magazine Capacity: 3+1

Chokes: Crio® C, Crio® IC, Crio® M, Crio® IM, Crio® F

Type of Sights: Red-Bar Front

Length of Pull: 14-3/8?

Drop at Heel: 2-3/8"

Drop at Comb: 1-3/8?

Minimum Recommended Load: 3-dram, 1-1/8 oz. loads

Receiver drilled and tapped for 93A Weaver base.

BobWalters

Quote from: CrustyRusty on February 03, 2018, 06:07:40 PM

Off Benelli website:

Chokes: Crio® C, Crio® IC, Crio® M, Crio® IM, Crio® F

They weren't there. Must be an older model or something. It's listed as an 11108 Benelli 12 gauge 26" barrel realtree apg. Doesn't matter to me though as I never would have used them anyway

BottomLand54

Quote from: BobWalters on February 03, 2018, 07:29:45 PM

Off Benelli website:

Chokes: Crio C, Crio IC, Crio M, Crio IM, Crio F

They weren't there. Must be an older model or something. It's listed as an 11108 Benelli 12 gauge 26" barrel realtree apg. Doesn't matter to me though as I never would have used them anyway

I'd offer 950 otd or 1000.00 or get a brand new one that's drilled and tapped to me it's worth it if later on you want to use an optic. Just my honest opinion I have never ever paid map pricing on a benelli or franchi even after taxes and or a transfer fee. They are great guns. But the older guns were not drilled and tapped I think all new m2 and sbe2s and sbe 3s are drilled and tapped and all the new franchi 3s and 3.5s are drilled and tapped. Franchi for some reason has better camo dip I don't know why that is. Benelli does struggle on their dipping process. I love there guns though.

BobWalters

Quote from: BottomLand54 on February 03, 2018, 11:25:20 PM
Quote from: BobWalters on February 03, 2018, 07:29:45 PM

Off Benelli website:

Chokes: Crio C, Crio IC, Crio M, Crio IM, Crio F

I'd offer 950 otd or 1000.00 or get a brand new one that's drilled and tapped to me it's worth it if later on you want to use an optic. Just my honest opinion I have never ever paid map pricing on a benelli or franchi even after taxes and or a transfer fee. They are great guns. But the older guns were not drilled and tapped I think all new m2 and sbe2s and sbe 3s are drilled and tapped and all the new franchi 3s and 3.5s are drilled and tapped. Franchi for some reason has better camo dip I don't know why that is. Benelli does struggle on their dipping process. I love there guns though.

What about the chokes that come with it? Are they good or junk or does it vary person to person and shell to shell? Just wondering if I'm gonna have to add chokes to the budget or if the crio chokes will work well? Wonder how old this gun is to be brand new yet not drilled and tapped? It's listed as an 11108 which is the same current number on benellis website.

BottomLand54

Crio chokes are good. They are flush chokes, which there is nothing wrong with that. If you are going to shoot tss you may want to try the factory crio full choke.

Allot guys do complain about poa/poi however if they would put there factory full choke in the gun will shoot close the center most of the time. The benellis have a tight bore construction and sometimes going to placing aftermarket extended chokes it messes with the poa/poi I always recommend shooting the factory full first with it and see what it does. Guys buy sbe2, and sbe3 and go to the river or pond and smoke ducks with factory modified chokes. We are blessed to have all the choke manufactures we do.

I am running a sumtoy .665 out of my sbe2 however I havnt shot Gun yet it is brand new. I am running a red dot, however I do hope the Gun shoots dead on.

My Franchi Affinity 3 20 gauge I am also running a sumtoy 562.5 in it and have not shot it yet either it's brand new.

I found out of my last sbe2 that the Indian creek .665 worked best but out of sbe3 it didn't matter what you shot it needed a red dot it was just that Gun, however with factory choke it shot closer to poa/poi.

Try to factory full crio and then go from there. Listen there was a guy near me on armslist who had a brand new steady grip apg m2 in case for 800.00 there is a place somewhere online that had them for sale for 900.00 free shipping. Also they were already drilled and tapped.