OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Basement surprise

Started by Sixes, January 30, 2018, 04:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixes

So I was doing my semi annual basement cleanup and throwaway, trying to get things back to normal after deer season and my inability to ever put things back in their right spot. It seems that I am always in a hurry and things just get tossed in a pile or on the freezer or bags half packed with camo.

Anyway, I got to the bottom of a pile empty boxes from Christmas mixed with some camo and stuff from my last deer hunt a couple weeks back.

I saw a box from Macks Prairie Wings, unopened and had zero idea at what was in the box. I opened the box and it was full of some turkey calls that I had ordered when Macks put them on clearance back in the summer.

The box contained 2 Halloran calls (Twisted Sister and Crystal Mistress), a Matt McClain Curly Maple Slate, a Matt McClain Cocobolo trumpet, 5 Hooks mouth calls and a K&H Run and Gun Turkey Keeper.

It made cleaning the basement up a little better even though I wasted a good bit of time trying them out.

Another funny note, I was emptying out a wheeled Plano tote that I carry my hunting clothes in and the last trip that I was on was the last weekend of our deer season which was January 14th. I opened the tote, got to the bottom and there was a green lizard, still alive and well. Not sure how he made it the last couple of weeks but he seemed happy when I tossed him out the basement door.

Chris O

Quote from: Sixes on January 30, 2018, 04:00:42 PM
So I was doing my semi annual basement cleanup and throwaway, trying to get things back to normal after deer season and my inability to ever put things back in their right spot. It seems that I am always in a hurry and things just get tossed in a pile or on the freezer or bags half packed with camo.

Anyway, I got to the bottom of a pile empty boxes from Christmas mixed with some camo and stuff from my last deer hunt a couple weeks back.

I saw a box from Macks Prairie Wings, unopened and had zero idea at what was in the box. I opened the box and it was full of some turkey calls that I had ordered when Macks put them on clearance back in the summer.

The box contained 2 Halloran calls (Twisted Sister and Crystal Mistress), a Matt McClain Curly Maple Slate, a Matt McClain Cocobolo trumpet, 5 Hooks mouth calls and a K&H Run and Gun Turkey Keeper.

It made cleaning the basement up a little better even though I wasted a good bit of time trying them out.

Another funny note, I was emptying out a wheeled Plano tote that I carry my hunting clothes in and the last trip that I was on was the last weekend of our deer season which was January 14th. I opened the tote, got to the bottom and there was a green lizard, still alive and well. Not sure how he made it the last couple of weeks but he seemed happy when I tossed him out the basement door.
I am terrible at putting stuff away also, nice find though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

That's a great find.... :icon_thumright: That lizard part was hilarious...  :TooFunny:

mgm1955

MickT

Can I clean your basement next time? I'll work for what I find!

Greg Massey

Finding stuff months later is like opening presents on Christmas morning all over...

CMBOSTC

Man, I thought my memory was bad. It's not bad though, everyday is Christmas! HAHA!!!

southern_leo

Those halloran calls maybe damaged. Should probably send them to me to dispose of them properly ????

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

LRD

That's an awesome find!  I find as I get older that I get more forgetful, and I'm not even 40 yet.  I am pretty sure after seeing a post about a turkey tote that I ordered one last year, but I have no idea where it is or if I even got it.  :)

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: LRD on February 19, 2018, 09:03:49 PM
That's an awesome find!  I find as I get older that I get more forgetful, and I'm not even 40 yet.  I am pretty sure after seeing a post about a turkey tote that I ordered one last year, but I have no idea where it is or if I even got it.  :)
Lol...Trust me the forgetfulness gets worse!!

Daveb

like Christmas all over again!

HFultzjr

That's what I hate about my wife "cleaning out".
She is likely to find something I need, but I don't know I have!
:newmascot:

HFultzjr

Memory loss as you get older......................I think that's what happened to me.
But I just can't remember if it did or didn't!
:morning:

Cane Cutter

It's like Christmas all over again!  Glad to know I'm not the only person that suffers from this!

Bringin tha boom to ya room!

TauntoHawk

I need to get over to Bashore's shop talk turkey see his stuff maybe get a scratch box he lives about 10min from my parents
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>