OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 2 man Black Duck limit  (Read 5561 times)

Offline Swab21

2 man Black Duck limit
« on: January 27, 2018, 06:23:02 PM »
Here is a 2 man Limit of Black ducks me and a good friend killed the last day of the 2018 duck season In North Carolina. 2 Drakes and 2 Hens, One will be going to the taxidermy shop for mounting.

Offline Old Timer53

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: 2 man Black Duck limit
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 07:20:28 PM »
Congrats on yo last day NC limit
 :icon_thumright:

Offline Swab21

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 07:54:21 PM »
Thank you!   I forgot to post it in the original post, When we walked into the swamp we jumped 6 Turkeys off the roost. Just after first light I had a Tom roosted in the middle of the swamp on a small island fly straight at me and scare me to death, He was roosted in some tall swamp grass which was odd to me. We sat until 11:30 and we could hear hens Yelping like no tomorrow. I Know where I am going to be hunting opening morning.   

Offline mossyhorn2

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 08:02:22 PM »
Congrats on a good hunt! We use to see a few Black ducks here in Indiana but they seem to be few and far between anymore.

Offline Swab21

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 11:54:49 AM »
Congrats on a good hunt! We use to see a few Black ducks here in Indiana but they seem to be few and far between anymore.

I usually hunt the coastal marshes, very few actual true blooded black ducks left, most of them are mallard/black duck hybrids.