turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Camo Pattern?

Started by double drops, January 24, 2018, 10:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

double drops

Just curious to see what everyone's favorite pattern is for turkey hunting. I've been using Obsession for years but am considering going to Bottomland.

Laloom83

Bottomland is my all around favorite

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ericjames

Gooserbat

I find camo usually as effective as the person wearing it is still.  That said from a fashion standpoint I like original Bottomland.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

dejake

price before pattern.  that being said, browns and greys early season, greener late season.

Bowguy

Quote from: dejake on January 25, 2018, 03:50:30 AM
price before pattern.  that being said, browns and greys early season, greener late season.
That's prob good advice. Turkeys seem not to care what pattern we 're wearing. I take most of my birds wearing slightly faded bdus. That's no turkey pattern but the birds never once mind long as you're still

nyhunter

mossy oak patterns  - bottomland early season, greenleaf late season

Realtree patterns - original Advantage early season,Realtree Xtra green late season 

I really like to mix n match patterns, my favorite is Advantage pants, Bottomland shirt.

wvmntnhick

I just grab whatever is laying on top of the pile these days. Birds don't seem to mind much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Ranger

Hardwoods the Bottomland is hard to beat but Obsession seems like the best all around and versatile camo for the Spring. 
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

turkeymanjim

I have used a lot of different camo patterns over the years, and they all worked well as long as I did my part( NOT MOVING). CURRENTLY I am using leafy wear camo.  I feel you can get away with a little more movement if you have to reposition yourself for the shot with this 3D affect camo. I wear asat leafy wear in the fall, and cabelas zone leafy wear in spring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BottomLand54

The cheapest thing you can buy is the leafy suits you can catch em on sale for 39.99 at dicks sporting goods or bass pro for top and bottom.

I wear ol Tom moss oak bottomland just because I like the color.

However my new favorite camp pattern is the NWTF obsession ol tom.

I've noticed every pattern may be different even though it has the same name depending on the manufacture of the clothing.

Happy hooker

Bottomland,,I like wearing camo often the broken pattern hides food stains better.

turkeymanjim

Quote from: BottomLand54 on January 25, 2018, 07:08:47 AM
The cheapest thing you can buy is the leafy suits you can catch em on sale for 39.99 at dicks sporting goods or bass pro for top and bottom.

I wear ol Tom moss oak bottomland just because I like the color.

However my new favorite camp pattern is the NWTF obsession ol tom.

I've noticed every pattern may be different even though it has the same name depending on the manufacture of the clothing.

Does that mean they don't work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BottomLand54

Nope I've seen guys kill em in blue jeans and flannel t shirts. To say one camo pattern works better then another would be kinda self righteous. We have tons of great manufactures unfortunately most of all our clothes is made overseas. One might kill a turkey in normal clothes another decked out in the most expensive latest greatest camo pattern.