turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lamar Willian's

Started by 3bailey3, January 22, 2018, 09:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

Who got that one on eBay yesterday that only went for $510 ?

Yoder409

Somebody that coulda saved a lot of money had they just been patient enough to get on Lamar's waiting list.     Hahaha !!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Matt k

It was a double check pattern, you don't see a lot of those from him...

callmakerman

Was it a long or short box. Guess double check means short. Combo?

Yoder409

Quote from: Matt k on January 23, 2018, 08:30:07 PM

All ya gotta do is ask the man................  ;-)
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Yoder409

Quote from: callmakerman on January 23, 2018, 08:35:34 PM
Was it a long or short box. Guess double check means short. Combo?

Poplar & walnut short box.
PA elitist since 1979

Yoder409

Interesting that the seller said "Lamar is the only call maker known as a protege of Neil Cost".

And what of Steve Mann.......... ??
PA elitist since 1979

Matt k

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 23, 2018, 08:36:02 PM

I was not the buyer

Yoder409

Quote from: Matt k on January 23, 2018, 09:28:39 PM

I was not the buyer

Understood...........  But not what I was getting at.

If a feller wants a double-check Lamar, all he has to do is ASK the man for one.   I did.   Lamar was as gracious in accommodating my request as a gentleman could be.
PA elitist since 1979

Matt k

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 23, 2018, 10:01:31 PM
Quote from: Matt k on January 23, 2018, 09:28:39 PM

I was not the buyer

Understood...........  But not what I was getting at.

If a feller wants a double-check Lamar, all he has to do is ASK the man for one.   I did.   Lamar was as gracious in accommodating my request as a gentleman could be.

I get that, but what I meant was not all his double Checks are the same. For example I have one from 91 that is an odd size he doesn't do anymore..

KentuckyHeadhunter

Anything from Lamar is the absolute best.  Pure and unadulterated TURKEY.  And one heck of a nice man. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Yoder409

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on January 24, 2018, 06:25:48 PM
Anything from Lamar is the absolute best.  Pure and unadulterated TURKEY.  And one heck of a nice man.

ALL of this.  Yep.
PA elitist since 1979

Arrowhead

I think what Matt is referring to is the fact if you order a LW 2 check call now you get one similar to the two check call on the right. If you buy an older call. 1980's into early 90's the two check pattern is like the call on the left.

For the most part last year or two he quit doing inlays in the lid, would he do inlay. Probably, but it will be the exception.

Matt k

Arrowhead, that's what I was referring to. Thanks for explaining it. 

Yoder409

Quote from: Matt k on January 24, 2018, 06:13:30 PMIt was a double check pattern, you don't see a lot of those from him...

Quote..........what I meant was not all his double Checks are the same. For example I have one from 91 that is an odd size he doesn't do anymore..

So, I wonder, if a fellow had a couple of Lamars that were 20-check instead of his routine 18-check, should he hang on to them as an investment ??

;-)
PA elitist since 1979