Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

2017 Deer season

Started by WNCTracker, January 04, 2018, 05:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

How was y'alls deer season?  I had a blast this year and got several deer between NC and SC including a personal record buck.  made lots of good deer sausage varieties and bologna.  I took my son for his first deer hunt and he shot a doe out of the stand, the bullet ricocheted out of her shoulder and into a spike buck's neck dropping him too.  2 with one shot on his first kill and first ever deer hunt.  What luck, we didn't know he'd hit the buck too until I went back later that night after skinning his doe and my buck because I thought that I saw another deer acting funny off to the side and it was nagging at me.  Glad I did.

Hunter1979

Personal best buck with no pictures...
Dude, what the heck?!? :)

I shot two doe.  They both dropped in their tracks.  One was at 10 yards, the other 100.   with my .450 Bushmaster and muzzleloader.  I love the .450.  If any of you are even considering it, I'd highly recommend it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

WNCTracker

Quote from: Hunter1979 on January 04, 2018, 09:30:59 PM
Personal best buck with no pictures...
Dude, what the heck?!? :)

I shot two doe.  They both dropped in their tracks.  One was at 10 yards, the other 100.   with my .450 Bushmaster and muzzleloader.  I love the .450.  If any of you are even considering it, I'd highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter1979

Awesome.  Upper 140s?

WNCTracker

Ive never measured a rack. Ever. But I think closer to 130.

eddie234

I didn't do too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wmn2

None this year. Between new work schedule, kids sports, and only having public land, I didn't even make it out until after thanksgiving when I picked up the 150 acres of private to hunt on. Bad season, but I went into it thinking I wouldn't get to hunt at all, so the few times I made it out were better than the zero I thought I'd get