OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hunting Pack--Input Needed

Started by gatrapper, December 14, 2017, 12:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Hey Y'all,

I'm starting to look into a good hunting pack. I need something that will hold some gear, but will also allow me to pack out a deer/bear/etc if needed.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and offer input?

Thank you!
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

bobk

I would give Eberlestock packs a look.

Pettit877

Kuiu, stone glacier, mystery ranch, exo mountain gear

Eric

compton30

I recently went through this same search with a similar criteria to your own. These pack and frame combinations just seem to be insanely expensive given the amount of competition in the market I figured there had to be a more inexpensive pack for me, but hey, I'm from the PA big woods, what do I know about hunting the American West for 5 days in the backcountry?

So I emailed Kuiu, Kifaru, Stone Glacier, Horn Hunter, Seek Outside and Eberlestock trying to see what they would recommend in roughly a $200 price range with the ability to haul out a whitetail or black bear 2 miles from the truck. None of them could really even come close to my price area, but they all were very kind and offered a recommendation from their line. Most of these companies sell just their frames for over $300 and I'm sure it's fantastic stuff, but I just can't justify it.

I ended up settling for the Alps Outdoorz Traverse X pack and I absolutely love it. A little over $200, but it serves all my needs and then some.

I guess it just depends on how much money you can afford to spend on a pack . I could even give you their recommendations if you'd like. Hit me with a PM if you'd like I can give you the rundown I got from all the companies.

bobk

We have been using the Eberlestock X2, Nice pack with meat hauling capibility for $189.00. There are several  videos on you tube on the X2. I also found that most packs will not fit a larger man, not sure if that is a issue for you.

Gobspur

Pettit877

I have a tenzing 4000 I'd sell you if your interested shot me a pm

Eric