turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Almost Christmas

Started by Bowguy, December 13, 2017, 07:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Merry Christmas early guys. Wondering how many have kids or someone they're setting up for the first year's hunt. Camo, new gun, dekes, blinds, what have ya. Tell us about it. 
For the rest who don't have someone, a card with "I'm gonna take you on a springtime hunt and I will help you get ready for it" may bring more into our lives than what's put out.
Imagine a lifetime of memories for the child. Someday he's gonna remember time spent w him/her. Whenever a child asks how they can repay me I tell them someday they'll be the guy that knows how to do this. To remember they were helped and help someone else. Best gift you can give someone is the gift of time.

renegade19

Agreed.  He's 40 but trying (again) to get my Brother in law his first bird!  Merry Christmas!

Happy

Merry Christmas. The oldest one is getting close to graduating from hunting school. At 14 he has more animals to his credit a than I did at 20. He done shot himself out of deer tags this year and he shot a few turkeys so it's about time to slowly let him venture out of my sight. Got two more in the wings though. A 9 year old who starts hunting this coming fall and a 7 year old who won't be far behind. So it looks like I will be busy for the next 7 or 8 years. Kids are a blast and I have some great memories from taking them. Would rather hunt with them than adults these days.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club