News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Seeking Georgia hog hunt recommendations

Started by PEte_A, December 11, 2017, 12:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEte_A

Hi folks,

My family is working towards setting up a trip to Georgia this march. I'm thinking of trying to get in a day of hog hunting. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks,

Pete

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

PEte_A

Quote from: misfire on December 11, 2017, 07:09:20 PM
What part of Georgia?

Going to be travelling from Canada. Will get at least as far south as Cumberland Island National Park. Would travel a bit for the the right opportunity.

Also might try to drop into Mr. Mabry's shop near Canton  :turkey2: :turkey2: :turkey2:

Thanks,
Pete

trad bow

I have a hunting lease that is loaded with hogs but March is generally when our swamp gets flooded with rain. We are on Ocumulgee river below Macon. I saying that just to let you know that the properties close to rivers or major creeks flood a lot during the spring so try to find a place off the river to set up a hunt ahead of time. I'm having three vertebrae fuse in my neck end of this month but if I'm recovered and the swamps not flooded I'll send you a message about that time to see what can be done.
Jeff

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

buzzardroost

Look into the Sapelo Island hog hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk