turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

iPhone Topo map app

Started by LaLongbeard, November 21, 2017, 10:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaLongbeard

Who has a good Topo map app for iPhone one that works even when your phone is out of service. I've seen a few on the App Store would like some first hand reviews before I buy one.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Cove

Candyman

Terrain navigator pro is what I use.

firedup

X2 on Avenza Maps.  Motion X has a decent one as well.  Both are free.  I have used both all over the country.  I like Avenza best.  Avenza maps has free maps or the biggest, latest and greatest for a fee.

Gooserbat

I use an Android but OnXmaps is what I use.  Buy the paid version.  It even shows property lines. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Spurs

Topo Map

I have been using this app for several years now and it is by far the easiest, most accurate, and best designed maping app.  I have used GAIA and Azenza, they don't hold a candle IMO.

The only thing it doesn't do it track, therefore I keep GAIA GPS for that feature only.  If I am following a bird and think I am in a new area, the tracking feature has came in extremely handy for determining his next location.
This year is going to suck!!!

paboxcall

Quote from: Spurs on December 17, 2017, 07:31:31 PM
Topo Map

I have been using this app for several years now and it is by far the easiest, most accurate, and best designed maping app.  I have used GAIA and Azenza, they don't hold a candle IMO.

The only thing it doesn't do it track, therefore I keep GAIA GPS for that feature only.  If I am following a bird and think I am in a new area, the tracking feature has came in extremely handy for determining his next location.

:agreed: This is an easy to use app.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot