turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally made it happen this morning!!!!

Started by Baxter83, April 15, 2011, 10:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baxter83

Well, it's been a crappy season for me thus far, but this one made all the effort worth while. On every hunt I've been on this year I've walked no less than 3-4 miles and this morning I probably didn't make it 1/2 mile before hearing some birds to move in on.

They gobbled a little on roost (enough to locate) way off on the other side of a field so I moved in and made some soft tree yelps which got nothing back. So I moved on a little closer and made some louder yelps and that got them fired up. But as I was moving in a little more it thundered and I heard 2 birds probably 150 yards from me! They were still in the tree so I moved up a little and then soft yelps again and they got fired up. To make a long story short, once they flew down just a few more soft yelps and a couple clucks and purrs and they were on a string right to me. I picked out the larger one and let him have it. His buddy decided to give him a few kicks while he was down and I pretty much had to shew him and a few hens away before I could get my bird. I couldn't have asked for a better hunt. Praise God

tnturkeyman28

Big Boys Custom Calls
" I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Owner of Big Boys Custom Call making Custom Turkey Calls to Order. Mossy Oak Pro Staff The Good lord has Blessed me far more than I deserve. Philippians 4:13

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

BOFF

Good to read!!!

Congrats!!

God Bless,
David B.

Basser69

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

turkey slayer

spur collector

savduck

Georgia Boy

CSAW

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on April 15, 2011, 01:04:58 PM
Quote from: zach20065 on April 15, 2011, 11:15:05 AM
Awesome story and a great bird man!! congrats

Heck he didn't even tell the stats!!!

Folks, this was a TRIPLE BEARDED turkey!!! Awesome bird for around here.

21 lbs 6 oz, spurs were 1 5/16, 1 3/16..... beards were 11", 8 1/4", and 7 1/16"

NWTF scored 99.04
WOW!  Congrats on a dandy!

boomer

slawman

Ol'Mossy