OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

4-14-11 Long Day

Started by ccleroy, April 14, 2011, 09:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccleroy

Worked this bird and his buddy off the limb until 10 when the ladies didn't want to play anymore and took them away,Had to take my wife to the doctor and when I got back at lunch I went back after them....spotted them in the field and went to work,they closed the distance to 80 yards and totally changed their minds?WTF?.....headed the oposite direction so I gave them a hour or so while I sat and pondered what to do........so I trek off to another field and setup alond the lines of where they were headed and hit the call,nothing........little later nothing....then out of nowhere bam one of them is a 50 yards......then a hen down the field appears and the strutter behind her.....the gobbler closest to me sees them and heads their way,Dangit. He gets all the way to the other side of the field with the hen and his buddy and I said well the its getting late time to make something happen,since they were heading away for the third time today.........Hit a loud series of yelps and cut down real hard on the mouth call and my Aluminum call and followed it up by a gobble........you should have seen the mood change.....both locked into full strut and hammered back the whole way to the gun leaving the hen behind.........It has been one long day but a dang good one........

BOFF

Well Done!!!

Congrats on a successful hunt.
Third time was the winner!!

God Bless,
David B.

spur collector

Way to go, Congrats on a successful hunt.

cannonball

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Hognutz

Congrats. He looks like a pig..Nice beard. Really nice beard..Well done..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Flydown

You da man Ricky!!!!! Congrats on winning that battle! Now go get the next one on the hit list! :you_rock:

bowhunter84

Mailman

One Shot One Kill

Bagg-it Tag-it

Congratulations! Your camera takes great pix too.

TheTwistedOne

That's how to make a day of it!  Way to keep after them!

I love that we can hunt turkeys all day here in the Lowcountry.  There are multiple opportunities for the folks who are willing to stick it out for the long haul.

Congrats on an excellent gobbler.  Pulling him off a hen is no small accomplishment!

tnturkeyman28

Big Boys Custom Calls
" I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Owner of Big Boys Custom Call making Custom Turkey Calls to Order. Mossy Oak Pro Staff The Good lord has Blessed me far more than I deserve. Philippians 4:13

LX_Trkyhntr

Nothing like toting one out of the woods that you have been in a long battle with!!  Great job, great pics as always!! :you_rock:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

turkey slayer

socalturkeyman

way to get it done! Its all about crunch time gobblers!! :you_rock: :z-guntootsmiley:
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy