OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Think I got him!!!!!!!

Started by Trevor2, April 14, 2011, 07:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeardlife.com

hope it all works out.. keep us posted on hunt.. good luck

archery1

Take a kid hunting

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

Ol'Mossy

jarbo03

Wanna see some good pics, good luck!

Trevor2

Well fellars, this morning was a bust. Got there well early enough and set our blind up and got settled. I had not got a chance to see if this bird is in this same spot in the mornings. But knowing this is his strut zone I figured he would be there shortly after flydown. Wrong! We were prepared for an all day sit if needed but these 20 + mph winds set in and dad opted to get out. Pretty bad storms are heading this way, and as he wants to kill a turkey, deer are his passion more than anything, so he is pleading that I go back after him this evening bc " he aint getting out and chasing no dang turkey in the rain" lol We did hear two birds gobble on the roost bt only few times then around 8 the wind picked up and you couldnt have heard him if in was above you. I know this bird wil be in the field here very shortly in next few hours, so maybe I can convince him to get after em.
Strutstopper

TheTwistedOne

Quote from: Trevor2 on April 15, 2011, 12:45:44 PM
Well fellars, this morning was a bust. Got there well early enough and set our blind up and got settled. I had not got a chance to see if this bird is in this same spot in the mornings. But knowing this is his strut zone I figured he would be there shortly after flydown. Wrong! We were prepared for an all day sit if needed but these 20 + mph winds set in and dad opted to get out. Pretty bad storms are heading this way, and as he wants to kill a turkey, deer are his passion more than anything, so he is pleading that I go back after him this evening bc " he aint getting out and chasing no dang turkey in the rain" lol We did hear two birds gobble on the roost bt only few times then around 8 the wind picked up and you couldnt have heard him if in was above you. I know this bird wil be in the field here very shortly in next few hours, so maybe I can convince him to get after em.

Setting up on a field that is a known strut zone while there is a light rain can be extremely productive!  Your dad is giving up a golden opportunity in my opinion.

Trevor2

thats what i told him, and the storms are not comin in till tonight just high winds and drizzling rain till then, he wont go and will not shut up about me gooing back out after this ol boy so after I eat a bite and grabe the rainsuit im outta here
Strutstopper

Trip

spur collector

tnturkeyman28

Big Boys Custom Calls
" I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Owner of Big Boys Custom Call making Custom Turkey Calls to Order. Mossy Oak Pro Staff The Good lord has Blessed me far more than I deserve. Philippians 4:13

Basser69

Hognutz

Good luck to you guys. Remember..Roosted ain't roasted. Go out there and hammer on them..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

LX_Trkyhntr

That is exactly what happens every time I think "I got him"  :TooFunny:

Good luck this afternoon! :you_rock:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

heathwesley

go get em - Lets see some pics of you and your dad with that big boy when you do!