OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Think I got him!!!!!!!

Started by Trevor2, April 14, 2011, 07:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

We only been working half days at work this week so I been doing alot of hunting, no birds yet but I have found one. I drive by a place that I did not have permission to hunt (until today) and every day no matter what time I drove by, there was a big longbeard not 100 yards off the road, sometimes strutting sometimes not. Drove by today and there he was lonesome, full strut and a big que ball sticking up there. I decided I had enough turned around and drove to the landowners house and talked to him and got permission. I eased around to a good watching point and just watched him through the binos for an hour and a half. Not gonna worry with roosting him tongiht as I know where his strut zone is and me and dad will be there well early in the morning waiting on him to slip up and show off. Dad has never killed a bird, which is the reason I decided to not go after him today and just watch so hopefully dad will jelly that head for him tommorrow. Lords willing well be eating high on the hog tommorrow for luch. :z-guntootsmiley:
Strutstopper

new2turkey

Trevor2

I almost went after him anyways bc this ol boy has a rope on him but dad killing his first is worth more to me than killing what would surely be my biggest bird.
Strutstopper

BOFF

Quote from: Trevor2 on April 14, 2011, 07:22:38 PM
I almost went after him anyways bc this ol boy has a rope on him but dad killing his first is worth more to me than killing what would surely be my biggest bird.

Yes, yes it will.

Hope tomorrow will be one for the memory books!!

God Bless,
David B.

PANYHunter

bowhunter84

:anim_25:   i hope your dad gets to shoot him the face tomorrow :icon_thumright:

cannonball

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BHhunter

Good move Trevor. I have killed many turkeys on my own and love it, but it gives me just as much joy to put my son or father on one. I had a beer with my father for the first time 17 years ago when he came to visit here in SD and he shot his first spring turkey. I never knew he would drink a beer. After the kill I said "if you were a drinkin man I'd buy you a beer to celebrate" he simply said "I could drink one." I wouldn't trade that day for any in the world. Good luck and mount the tail fan for him when he kills that big boy.

Trevor2

Quote from: BHhunter on April 14, 2011, 08:56:29 PM
Good move Trevor. I have killed many turkeys on my own and love it, but it gives me just as much joy to put my son or father on one. I had a beer with my father for the first time 17 years ago when he came to visit here in SD and he shot his first spring turkey. I never knew he would drink a beer. After the kill I said "if you were a drinkin man I'd buy you a beer to celebrate" he simply said "I could drink one." I wouldn't trade that day for any in the world. Good luck and mount the tail fan for him when he kills that big boy.

wow that's eerily close to me there... Dad gave up drinking when I was born and will ocassionally have one but I think I have seen him drink three in my life and he said he would have a beer with me when he killed one!
Strutstopper

trkycaller

LX_Trkyhntr

Sounds like a plan!!  Good luck to the both of you!! :anim_25:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

gob09

please let us know how it goes

BHhunter

Quote from: Trevor2 on April 14, 2011, 09:00:32 PM
Quote from: BHhunter on April 14, 2011, 08:56:29 PM

wow that's eerily close to me there... Dad gave up drinking when I was born and will ocassionally have one but I think I have seen him drink three in my life and he said he would have a beer with me when he killed one!
That is eery, must mean it's going to happen. The stars are aligned!