turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Don't Know What Happened-

Started by mfd1027, April 14, 2011, 05:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfd1027

But they finally started GOBBLING!!!!!!   I went 8 days not hearing a gobble other than the Jake I called in and suddenly yesterday the woods came alive.   I had a guest with me yesterday and today and we came close.   Tomorrow I'm on my own and hopefully the Turkey God's will shine on me.   

Everybody needs to wish me "good luck" cause I sure could use some help!!  lol   My knees are buckling from carrying this "gorilla" around.   :emoticon-animal-005:

I'm still in hot pursuit!!!
Dan

gob09

do it to it Dan............keep at'em

ElkTurkMan

You'll get him Dan.  Your persistance will be rewarded! :anim_25:

nctrkyhntr

harvester

May the turkey Gods shine down upon you tomorrow Dan. You'll be rewarded when you least suspect it. Old School it tomorrow. Change everything, make some new calls, new tactics, take some different calls than what you have been using. Sound just like an slutty hen. :icon_thumright:

unclerick

Do-it-again Dan,, you are a turkey killer, period.  Go and get your thug on and kill some birds....
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

turkeybow

GOOD LUCK Dan!!!!  Do like I did..............hunt them hard and cut them no SLACK!!!!!  Kick that gorilla off and STOMP SOME HEADS!!!!!!!!
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

mfd1027

And as fast as they turned on they turned back off. :angry9:    Didn't hear a peep this morning!!!!!!!!!!!
Dan

CANLIMBHANGAR

GO NORTH OR GO HOME!!!

harvester

Heck fire, you bout have got the worst luck this season as I have heard of. Good Luck. :you_rock:

Longbeardfever4ever

Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

mfd1027

Had tornado warnings this morning so I couldn't go.   We've only got our suburban up here and I hate to leave my wife without a car.   I think I'm gonna head out in a few and just sit in the swamp and call every 10-15 min.   Maybe I'll get lucky.   The wind is blowing pretty hard but who cares.  lol    Tomorrow morning looks good as far as the weather goes.   I sure hope they gobble. 
Dan

harvester

Quote from: mfd1027 on April 16, 2011, 01:58:33 PM
Had tornado warnings this morning so I couldn't go.   We've only got our suburban up here and I hate to leave my wife without a car.   I think I'm gonna head out in a few and just sit in the swamp and call every 10-15 min.   Maybe I'll get lucky.   The wind is blowing pretty hard but who cares.  lol    Tomorrow morning looks good as far as the weather goes.   I sure hope they gobble. 
Good Luck in the Morning Dan, I gonna head out somewhere tomorrow morning. With all the rain we got last night, may make some of my places hard to manuever around. Gotta cross some creeks in a couple of places but may have to take the LONG way in.

mfd1027

Man, it almost happened this afternoon.    The wind was really blowing so I headed straight to the swamp instead of the field.  I got all setup and started blind calling.   About every thirty min or so I would do some lost calling (lot's of yelping) like a bird that was lonely and looking for company.   I did this from about 3:30 til my last sequence at 7:00.   I had the thermacell running the whole time and when I reached to turn it off to get ready to leave you know it-   putt!!!!    There was a gobbler standing 10 yds behind me.   No telling how long he had been standing there looking for that lonely hen.   A decoy would have helped in this case. He wasn't too spooked but started walking away with purpose.  I thought I was going to kill him anyway when he went behind a huge oak at about 20 yds.   I quickly swung my gun and cocked it.  All I needed was for him to step out on either side of the tree.  Wouldn't you know it he walked in line with that tree until about 45 yds or so.  I had one opportunity at about that distance but I decided not to take the shot.   I just wasn't comfortable with the situation.   Sooner or later things will work out.   
Dan

mfd1027

Didn't hear a peep this morning.  I have to take my wife to Macon tomorrow morning to get a tooth pulled so I won't get to hunt a morning again until tue.   We're heading back to Mia. on Fri.   so 3 more mornings up here.   The Fat Lady is starting to warm up!! lol  I'm going again this afternoon so maybe I'll get lucky.   I'm starting to sound like a broken record.
Dan