turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Chris Brumfiel - Osage Alum/Alum Pot

Started by gergg, August 04, 2017, 07:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gergg

Wanted to throw some kudos to Chris Brumfiel......I purchased one of his Osage alum/alum pots listed for sale the other day, the sound-clips sounded very unique so I gave it a shot. Boy, am I glad I did as this thing really sings, it plays great soft or loud and rolls over with ease even with the lightest touch. It also has a wide range of tones depending on pressure, angle, placement on the pot....of course different strikers change the sound/pitch too, and every striker I own sounds great on this pot. I can make a sweet yelp or very raspy and everything in between, it also has a fantastic cluck/cut/purr/kee-kee/etc....I don't seem to hunt much with pots these days, but would love to give this one a try. I do entertain myself buying/selling calls on here, so if you ever see me put this one up for sale...BUY IT...lol... FWIW the Osage pot is beautiful too.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Chris O

I think that was the one that I really liked the sound of.I personally love hunting with a pot call they can be toned way down and still sound good. I had some hens really close one time and they were purring and clucking so low that I barely heard them at 10 yds. I have a hard time calling that softly with a box call and it is easy to get too loud with a mouth call sometimes to.Don't get me wrong I love all the different calls and all have their times when they excel more than others,but pot calls have been My favorite call for a long time.

gergg

Quote from: Chris O on August 04, 2017, 10:17:36 PM
I think that was the one that I really liked the sound of.I personally love hunting with a pot call they can be toned way down and still sound good. I had some hens really close one time and they were purring and clucking so low that I barely heard them at 10 yds. I have a hard time calling that softly with a box call and it is easy to get too loud with a mouth call sometimes to.Don't get me wrong I love all the different calls and all have their times when they excel more than others,but pot calls have been My favorite call for a long time.
Yeah, a good pot is hard to beat. I have killed a bunch with pot calls, just been messing with other types of calls lately. This one is a great soft caller too which is a must for me. I saw your comment on this one, I thought it sounded great too, like it better in person. I took it out to the woods this afternoon and played around with it, sweet little pot.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Chris O

Glad your happy sometimes It is hard to tell on sound files.It's nice when they are even better in person.