OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite crystal?

Started by Techn9cian02, August 03, 2017, 09:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwr

Quote from: Chris O on August 04, 2017, 01:09:20 PM
Quote from: bobk on August 04, 2017, 05:18:59 AM
Mike Yingling's crystal over glass with a Lyman Snakewood or dymondwood striker.   This is my top crystal / glass call.
If that is that pretty purple cast call you bought a couple weeks ago I agree that sound clip was the best sounding crystal call That I have heard.At the time I was glad someone else bought it now I wish it would have been me.
Love it!!!

hunter22

Hard to beat a Schaffer Blue Mahoe crystal over glass running it with a Lyman Macassar Ebony striker. 

troutfisher13111

Halloran Twisted Sister with his one piece bloodwood striker

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Best crystal hands down in my opinion is the twisted sister and  flame elder crystal mistress. I also have a trice crystal over aluminum in black acrylic that is on a different level. I have at least a dozen if not more crystal calls and those 3 are beyond good.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

vt35mag

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on August 04, 2017, 11:22:39 PM
Best crystal hands down in my opinion is the twisted sister and  flame elder crystal mistress.

Out of the crystals I have and have tried, I would agree with this.

Happy hooker

Interesting,,,people love the Hallorans,,but looks like the metal mouth doesn't have much of a following????

gravvity

Funny you say that because my vote would be for the metal mouth. I really don't like crystal calls, have owed several from different makers, including the crystal mistress and twisted sister, and sold all of them. The only one i've kept is the metal mouth, has a great sound imo (specifically its roll over with a "thunk" at the end) - I'm sure someone's posted a sound file/a more articulate description of its sound but it's definitely worth a look.

SteelerFan

Recently picked up a Mike Longnecker crystal over aluminum (thanks gergg). It has moved to the top of my list of fun calls to run. Has that back end that sounds good from the aluminum soundboard... like most other calls of that combo.

It runs with a variety of strikers - depends on how much rasp you want to add.

Quick sound bite (crappy indoor - but you get the idea): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX1kIFD61Kg

CMBOSTC

Quote from: SteelerFan on August 06, 2017, 06:10:20 PM
Recently picked up a Mike Longnecker crystal over aluminum (thanks gergg). It has moved to the top of my list of fun calls to run. Has that back end that sounds good from the aluminum soundboard... like most other calls of that combo.

Quick sound bite (crappy indoor - but you get the idea): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX1kIFD61Kg

That's a good sounding call right there. Love the front end.

MikeStaten

Quote from: C. Brumfiel on August 06, 2017, 06:46:25 PM
Quote from: SteelerFan on August 06, 2017, 06:10:20 PM

That's a good sounding call right there. Love the front end.

Agreed.  It really does sound good

Clardh

I love both the Schaffer Blue Mahoe and his Blue Mahoe/ Zebrawood laminate. I like the Blue Mahoe/Zebrawood laminate a little better though. I run that call with Lyman's tulipwood, Lyman's Ipe and Lyman's dymalux strikers. I also love my Torman tulipwood striker on it.

Tennessee Lead

Twisted Sister 1A
Crystal Mistress 1B
Carolina Assassin 1C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

compton30

Cornelius Crystal Slate and Yingling Crystal Slate are my top 2.

Chuck1443

X2 on yingling crystal/slate... good rasp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk