Main Menu

Announcement from Plano synergy

Started by Old Gobbler, June 29, 2017, 03:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Copy and pasted via Plano's site ---Shannon

INTEGRITY
Important Message From David E. Dudick, Chief Executive Officer, Plano Synergy

Over the course of the past 48 hours, Plano Synergy became aware of a situation which required swift and decisive action.

Today, Bill Busbice and Plano Synergy mutually agreed to end their association. Bill Busbice and his partners sold their outdoor brands to Plano Synergy in 2013. Since then, Bill has been providing services under contract to Plano Synergy, principally as a host of the Wildgame Nation television program, until today when that relationship was severed. Plano Synergy will also be cancelling the Wildgame Nation TV show.

Plano Synergy has a culture that is grounded in integrity and great respect for the outdoors. This comes with the expectation that we will always do the right thing. Our decisions will always reflect our commitments to our customers and consumers. We have a deep respect for the law, tradition and the ethical practices of our sports. We take pride in serving our industry and promote the fair and lawful practices of game hunting. Every day we strive to be a company that is trustworthy, respectful and fair with our consumers, employees, customers and business partners.

We thank you for your trust.

Sincerely,

David E. Dudick

Chief Executive Officer
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Tail Feathers

Good to know that before any boycotting of products begins.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Happy

Quote from: Tail Feathers on June 30, 2017, 08:39:58 AM
Good to know that before any boycotting of products begins.
Suspect that is exactly why they did that. I don't know this ceo at all and I am willing to take it for what it's worth. I will say this though. If the outrage hadn't been so severe then would things have changed? Almost every decision made in a company is based on money or the potential loss of it. Cudos for the hunting public for their indignation.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

daddyduke

For what ever reason Plano did this, I'm just glad they did. I'm very tired of hunting shows putting more importance on the kill than the hunt. It puts a lot of pressure on new hunters to perform. I've enjoy watching old shows where it was all about friends getting together to form bonds that outlast what they were doing. Just a thought.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Old Gobbler

This is perhaps yet another fine example of one of the so-called "pro staff" types you seen all over tv , facebook, the internet ,forums etc...  they lure unknowing companies large and small into endorsements and deep pocket contracts --

Plano fell victim to this individual , glad to see they rid themselves of them in a timely manner --I suspect in the future they will closely scrutinize who they choose to represent thier brand and livelihoods-

Take heed and be very cautious when people you do not know appoach you and ask for handouts , endorsements , product and money --there is a plethora of folks proclaiming to be "prostaff" or wanting to be paid in some form -I've heard of endorsement contracts going well...well into the six digit range -- a message to any and all board of directors types out there ....save your money and ditch the flashy types --

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Greg Massey

I agree with all post on this matter, but again i feel what Big Bill did is NOT plano fault... Think about it do we blame the gun manufacturers every time a gun is used in taking game illegal or poaching. I do feel these companies need to do a better job in who they pick to represent them in the further...I JUST FEEL BILL IS THE ONE GUILTY FOR HIS ACTIONS.. not products or people around him..  I don't watch or care for his show's either , but we do have some people in the hunting world or show's that do a good job representing hunters with good ethics. So let's stop the I HATE game...way to much of that in this world already...

SteelerFan

Quote from: Greg Massey on July 01, 2017, 01:52:03 PM
I agree with all post on this matter, but again i feel what Big Bill did is NOT plano fault... Think about it do we blame the gun manufacturers every time a gun is used in taking game illegal or poaching. I do feel these companies need to do a better job in who they pick to represent them in the further...I JUST FEEL BILL IS THE ONE GUILTY FOR HIS ACTIONS.. not products or people around him..  I don't watch or care for his show's either , but we do have some people in the hunting world or show's that do a good job representing hunters with good ethics. So let's stop the I HATE game...way to much of that in this world already...

I don't think anyone is blaming a company for Busbice's actions. But folks are willing to express their dislike for his actions by not buying any of his products.

But that is a mute point... since Wildgame sold to Plano years ago. Plano was smart enough to cut ties / fire this clown so people DO NOT associate him with what is now, their product & brand.

If Bill Busbice still owned Wildgame, Flextone or whatever - I would absolutely hold the company accountable for his actions. Money out of my pocket and into his would not sit well with me.

Greg Massey

Quote from: SteelerFan on July 01, 2017, 04:53:34 PM

I don't think anyone is blaming a company for Busbice's actions. But folks are willing to express their dislike for his actions by not buying any of his products.

But that is a mute point... since Wildgame sold to Plano years ago. Plano was smart enough to cut ties / fire this clown so people DO NOT associate him with what is now, their product & brand.

If Bill Busbice still owned Wildgame, Flextone or whatever - I would absolutely hold the company accountable for his actions. Money out of my pocket and into his would not sit well with me.
WE agree to disagree , that's why we have this forum for opinions... I respect your opinion.

SteelerFan

Quote from: Greg Massey on July 01, 2017, 05:50:40 PM
Quote from: SteelerFan on July 01, 2017, 04:53:34 PM

WE agree to disagree , that's why we have this forum for opinions... I respect your opinion.

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: