turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ideas for Father's Day?

Started by American Strutter, June 14, 2017, 10:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

American Strutter

My wife and kids are making me tell them something for Father's Day, as they want to take a trip to town today and get me something. I honestly don't absolutely have to have anything at all, but they will not take "no" for an answer. She said it's more for the kids experience shopping for me than anything, but said that I had to give them a list to pick from. What are some ideas (under $100) of things that you would want? I'm drawing a blank.....

chadly

I'm in the same boat.  I need nothing or want anything.  I was trying to think of something they kids would really like and that we would do together.  How old are your kids?  My wife will print off a list of questions to ask the younger ones.  Stuff like when was dad born, how much does he weigh, favorite things to do, ect ect.  I love getting those.  It's hilarious the things little kids will say and the kids find so much joy listening to me read it and seeing me laugh. 

WW

crenshawco

Tell them to call up one or two of the call makers on here and order a custom call or two for you. That would save them a trip to town.

Bowguy

A buck woodsman. 1/2 the budget or less n you can use it than tell em stories about it

crow

Quote from: crenshawco on June 14, 2017, 01:21:24 PM
Tell them to call up one or two of the call makers on here and order a custom call or two for you. That would save them a trip to town.

:icon_thumright:

Greg Massey

Tell them to get you a new Buck 110 knife...

TRG3

There was a time when something material would have been appreciated, but being in my 7th decade of live I have accumulated more "stuff" than I'll ever be able to use. That being said, my favorite gifts are when the family comes over for a meal and then uses the money on themselves that would have gone for more stuff for me. Looking back over the years, I sometimes think that the effort required in working and saving enough to purchase the "stuff" was more of a satisfaction  than actually obtaining the item.

TauntoHawk

I'm getting a new weber grill
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chris O

I would get a smoker so you and the whole family can enjoy,you may have to pitch in a little depending on what you get

turkeyfeathers

Quote from: Chris O on June 14, 2017, 04:11:36 PM
I would get a smoker so you and the whole family can enjoy,you may have to pitch in a little depending on what you get
x2 on the smoker. I received one about 6 years ago for Father's Day   I shovel around it during winter and use it on average once per week/10 days. I have a Masterbilt from Lowes that cost $60 and looks identical as Weber Smokey that sells for $300  Always cooking for my family and folks. Easy peasy. Wild turkey breast marinated in OJ, Italian dressing, dash of dry rub and wrapped in bacon may be one of the best things I've ever made. Smoked trout BLT's on sourdough, venison bites with dab of cream cheese, dry rub ,small piece of bacon. Even smoked a few Manhattans Go charcoal and not electric. Smoker, charcoal (not lump ), chimney (to ignite charcoal) and maybe a meat thermometer is all you need.

Double B

Agree, a smoker would be great and you will all enjoy it.  Love my Masterbuilt electric.  Got mine as a gift and really like it.
Followed by buzzards

hookedspur

Tell them a brand new American Strutter bottomland cap.  :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

g8rvet

My wife won a Yeti cooler, which will go in my boat.  My Fathers Day Gift is a Seadek top for it. 

I would be ecstatic to have the kids and their significant others over for a day of chilling and grilling.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Farmboy27

My 10 year old son asked me yesterday, "dad is there a sporting clays shoot on Sunday?"  I checked and said yes. He checked his wallet and said "lets go over, I'm paying". I told yup, we're going. But keep your money. The fact that my son loves hunting and shooting and wants to spend time with me is the greatest gift I could get!