OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

love those rainy days

Started by VAHUNTER, April 13, 2011, 12:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAHUNTER

yesterday by 7:30 i was soaked to the bone. heard two birds but they only gobbled once. this morning the rain was still coming down. i usually kill a bird every year in the rain so i decided to go. i had all intentions of setting up in the corner of a hay field with decoys and do some light calling under my Buckwing umbrella. when i stepped out of my jeep and heards birds gobbling plans changed. i took this bird at 30yds. Perfections New Trifecta is working great this season
10.5" beard
both spurs 1 3/16"
23#

Good things come to those who wait

sugarray

AWESOME!!!  Congrats, I sent you that PM before I looked at the forum.  Glad you finally got one.  Great bird too, man he was a hoss!
:you_rock: :you_rock:

VAHUNTER

thanks Raymond  :icon_thumright: so far it has been a great start of the season. i have called in birds 3 out of the 4 days of the season. so i'm having fun. should be getting real good in the next week or two

struttin_1

Way to go Shawn!!! I knew when my phone went off early this morning you must have scored!!

MarkJM

MuellerCustomCalls

sugarray

Quote from: VAHUNTER on April 13, 2011, 12:47:48 PM
thanks Raymond  :icon_thumright: so far it has been a great start of the season. i have called in birds 3 out of the 4 days of the season. so i'm having fun. should be getting real good in the next week or two

With the improvement in 1-2 weeks, should really put me in a great spot here in WV!!

He is a HOSS!!

hobbes

Congrats on the rainy day bird.

Extended forcasts for my IL trip are looking like I may be after some rainy day birds myself.

bowhunter84

PANYHunter

Congrats!!!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: Hunting sure makes these rainy days more bearable.   

VAHUNTER

Quote from: CamoMan4025 on April 13, 2011, 01:25:45 PM
Yea, there I was this morning, must of been 10-12 long beards coming in each weighing probably 30lbs with 12" beards.............then buzz, buzz, buzz..............yep, it's VAHUNTER with a text pic of his bird :P  Needless to say all my long beards ran off all crazy acting...........SHOW OFF!

OK, well it was only 6 of them, but Congrats on a great bird Shawn, I know you've earned it :you_rock:
sorry bud . i did not meen to wake you  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

turkey slayer

Basser69

Congrats on a great bird!  :z-guntootsmiley:

vaturkey

Congrats VAHUNTER !! Great Gobbler ! :icon_thumright:

:newmascot:
Vaturkey

njdevilsb

Congrats.  He's a good one for sure.

Rio Fan