OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Striker for Ceramic?

Started by Coop1082, June 03, 2017, 08:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

Just came into a Daybreak Padauk Ceramic that should be in soon and I am looking for insight on what striker to run on it. Currently have in macassar ebony, purpleheart, ipe, dymondwood, grandaillo,and katalox in one piece strikers. Have several two piece dymondwoods that came with some of the calls I purchased. Any of the above a good route to go? Also what are some other suggestions you guys like on your Ceramic? Thanks!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

nsselle

is it one of those special paduak calls that only a handful were made? 

vt35mag

Ipe and bloodwood  run best on mine.

Coop1082

nsselle I'm not aware of if it is or not! Any particular way to tell that by the call itself?
CRUSADERS

[/img]

nsselle

did you just order it? Gary made a special set for his family hunting trip this year for his sons and son in law. he had some very fancy paduak, the best he seen he told me and said he had only one or two more after I got mine. it's very highly figured. I can take a pic of mine later and post it up for you to see.

hunter22

I run a dymondwood on mine.

nsselle

I also run dymondwood, phone pics don't really do justice.

Coop1082

That is beautiful! And no sir. This call was built in 2016 if im not mistaken! I bought it from a guy on here. Happy to have one! I've heard great things!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

TauntoHawk

I run yellowheart, red dymondwood, ipe on mine

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bobk

Harold Fowler  diamond wood  on mine.

Coop1082

Thanks for the replies fellas! Gonna put my Stuckey dymondwood on it and see how it sounds!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

Bowguy

I like my Torman black locust best

NCbowjunkie

Has anybody tried running a bamboo striker , I turned one Friday  that is bamboo stem with bocote and bamboo on top, it runs all pot I have great.

NCbowjunkie

Come tomorrow I will turn a few one piece bamboo strikers , may put a Osage ring on top of some

M,Yingling

I like dymond wood ,blood wood and my fiber rods
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey