Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wanted to share a special moment with everyone one.....

Started by chatterbox, May 28, 2017, 06:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

My wife's uncle Bob passed away on April 1st.
Uncle Bob was a special man to everyone who knew him. He was an avid fisherman and hunter, and had hunted the hills and mountains of VT/NH his whole life.
We had his burial service yesterday, and it was one of those beautiful spring days, that has a turkey hunter thinking about chasing longbeards.
Well, my aunt Verna started the service with a beautiful eulogy.
She had barely started when a turkey hammered from a field across the road!
We couldn't believe it! As many of you know, hunting, and especially turkey hunting runs deep through our veins. Several looks and smiles were shared as well as a few tears. The turkey continued to gobble throughout the service, and eventually we heard him gobbling his way up the hill.
God made sure Uncle Bob had a special visitor that day.....
We found out later, that while he was in hospice, a big tom came right to the window of his hospice room.
His nephew said he had never seen a turkey anywhere near there......

SteelerFan

Sorry for your loss... but I must say - that's an AWESOME send off!!

Greg Massey

So sorry...man that was a great story....prayers for your family....

outdoors

:cross2:
          THANKS FOR SHARING
REALLY NICE SEND OFF TO A BETTER PLACE
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

KentuckyHeadhunter

That is an incredible story.  Gave me goosebumps.  When we lose someone or even a pet, it seems that nature comes to comfort us and let us know everything is ok.  I've seen it too many times to just pass it off. Thanks for sharing and God bless your family.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

sbbow

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

paboxcall

I'm so sorry for your loss, but that was an incredible story. We sure appreciate you sharing it.   :angel2:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

West Augusta

The turkeys coming to pay their last respects.  I'm sure that he was looking down and smiling.  :cross2:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

troutfisher13111

Sorry for your lost.  Sounds like the funeral was fitting for your uncle

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Happy

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like a fitting service.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Tombo

Don't the LORD seem to always find a way to let us know He's thinking about you?

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

mgm1955

Quote from: West Augusta on May 28, 2017, 10:16:50 PM
The turkeys coming to pay their last respects.  I'm sure that he was looking down and smiling.  :cross2:
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

callmakerman

Thank you for the story. I can only hope when my ashes are spread in my favorite hunting area that the birds are gobbling. What a way to go.

Beards and Hooks

Sorry for your loss and that is an awesome sendoff.