turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sneed Raspy Boss Hen

Started by beardhunter87, May 27, 2017, 04:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beardhunter87

I have a Hot Hen and Outlaw Hen. Is it worth it , if I can, to get the Raspy Old Boss Hen Slate? Or is it so similar to the Hot Hen?? Need opinions

beardhunter87

I can get one today if I want it.
Another side pic looks like diff wood to me.

troutfisher13111

Buy it and sell it to me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

West Augusta

It's different than the Hot Hen. I have both.
Get it and hunt it.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Spring Creek Calls

That's the Sneed pot that I hunt.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

beardhunter87

Awesome. That's the information I needed. I LOVE my Hot Hen. So I bought it from a buddy. Mike , so this call is the one you have always talked about using of Sneeds? And hey if I don't need it or for some reason want to get rid of it, I'll let you know first! Doubtful tho :p

alankrow

hunter22

Another great Lonnie Sneed call.

1iagobblergetter

Can someone tell me the difference in Lonnies Boss hen slate compared to his other slate? Is it the sound board/pot dimension?

hunter22

Lonnie told me one time several years ago they were the Hot Hen and Raspy Boss Hen were the same call with different names. My two appear identical. But they do sound different. 

vt35mag

I prefer the Raspy Boss over the Hot Hen. My Raspy Boss is smaller in diameter than my Hot Hen.

hunter22

My first Hot Hen I got from Lonnie is exactly the same size as my Raspy Boss Hen I got from him. The second Hot Hen I got from him was bigger also. That my be how he differentiated between the two calls. 

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: hunter22 on May 29, 2017, 05:30:28 PM
My first Hot Hen I got from Lonnie is exactly the same size as my Raspy Boss Hen I got from him. The second Hot Hen I got from him was bigger also. That my be how he differentiated between the two calls. 
Quote from: vt35mag on May 29, 2017, 05:20:04 PM
I prefer the Raspy Boss over the Hot Hen. My Raspy Boss is smaller in diameter than my Hot Hen.
Thanks I appreciate the info.

beardhunter87

Ok so I got the call in and been playing the Hot Hen and Raspy Boss as some say they are the same. Well they sound different so it's got to be the Wood difference and/or soundboard height because just as it says Raspy Boss, it's Raspier. The Hot Hen to me is just hard to beat out of any call  but the Raspy Boss is still amazing I was stoked. Wanted to update forum with my findings