OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

True killers

Started by Happy, May 26, 2017, 07:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

After seeing this term thrown around lately I had to sit and think about what I am a "true killer" of. Here is what I came up with. During turkey season I am a true killer of gas station snacks, caffeinated beverages, gasoline and fastfood. I am a doomsday zombie. Walking about red eyed and exhausted. Balancing a 50-60 hour work week with baseball, volleyball and track meets is not for the faint of heart. I am a true killer of spending every hour I can in the woods that doesn't interfere with family life. I owe a great deal of thanks to a spouse that just smiles and let's me go. She doesn't completely understand it but she knows it matters a lot to me.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

guesswho

During the spring I'm a true killer of coffee, true coffee, non of that domesticated stuff with foam on top.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

tha bugman

Quote from: Happy on May 26, 2017, 07:31:53 AM
After seeing this term thrown around lately I had to sit and think about what I am a "true killer" of. Here is what I came up with. During turkey season I am a true killer of gas station snacks, caffeinated beverages, gasoline and fastfood. I am a doomsday zombie. Walking about red eyed and exhausted. Balancing a 50-60 hour work week with baseball, volleyball and track meets is not for the faint of heart. I am a true killer of spending every hour I can in the woods that doesn't interfere with family life. I owe a great deal of thanks to a spouse that just smiles and let's me go. She doesn't completely understand it but she knows it matters a lot to me.

Amen!   :z-winnersmiley:

tha bugman

Quote from: guesswho on May 26, 2017, 08:43:13 AM
During the spring I'm a true killer of coffee, true coffee, non of that domesticated stuff with foam on top.
A Latte Money

Greg Massey

I'm a true killer of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every morning during turkey season .. I guess that's my energy food...sometimes i have one of those big honey buns my wife gets from Sam's and later in the day i sometimes have a double decker moon pie...i always have a small bottle of ice tea in my bag along with a bottle of water ...all of this just makes for a great morning in the turkey woods...O and for the jelly it has to be grape.... remember i'm old school....

TauntoHawk

I would probably leave my calls at home before I went out without Coffee
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Happy

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 26, 2017, 10:46:59 AM
I'm a true killer of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every morning during turkey season .. I guess that's my energy food...sometimes i have one of those big honey buns my wife gets from Sam's and later in the day i sometimes have a double decker moon pie...i always have a small bottle of ice tea in my bag along with a bottle of water ...all of this just makes for a great morning in the turkey woods...O and for the jelly it has to be grape.... remember i'm old school....
If you ever get the chance to get some good old fashioned Amish made blackberry jam you will throw store bought jelly in the trash. It is life changing.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Greg Massey

Quote from: Happy on May 26, 2017, 10:54:02 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on May 26, 2017, 10:46:59 AM
If you ever get the chance to get some good old fashioned Amish made blackberry jam you will throw store bought jelly in the trash. It is life changing.

Happy you need to send me a jar...i will try it for sure....

Will

TIME!!!!! True killer of time.
I'm with ya on the family stuff. Like you said with kids sports it's amazing how I can get into the woods. My wife is the same way, all smiles and a good luck when I'm rolling out of the door at the wee hours..

grayfox

X2 on the time for sure. Also killed a few honey buns.

Gooserbat

I kill a lot of ice tea.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tail Feathers

I drink coffee.  I KILL turkeys...with a vengeance! :z-guntootsmiley:

I'm addicted to both, no doubt.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

mgm1955

Quote from: tha bugman on May 26, 2017, 09:08:41 AM
Quote from: guesswho on May 26, 2017, 08:43:13 AM
A Latte Money
:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

stinkpickle

My lower back and knees call me a killer.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: stinkpickle on May 27, 2017, 04:55:02 PM
My lower back and knees call me a killer.
I would of figured Beer would be in the mix also.  :icon_thumright: