OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Halloran Calls - what's the difference?

Started by Grey Owl, May 25, 2017, 08:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamo

Early stamped TS

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

TalknTurkey

Quote from: jamo on March 22, 2021, 07:48:25 PM
Early stamped TS

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
That's pretty neat, never seen one before...thanks for sharing! Any idea what year it's from?

jamo

Not sure of the year it was made, bought it from a member here, a couple years ago.

BTH

Nice TS.

I have one as well. Approx 9-10 yrs old. Lots of dead turkeys to its credit. Also have his laminate slate (not wenge walnut) ......unreal sounding pots! Never had any issues with any of his pots both CNC and one at a time pots. I have also never had any issues with his customer service. Thoroughly enjoy speaking with him and his family at the outdoors shows during the late winter.
Phil 4:13

jamo

Thanks,BTH I was thinking it wasade around that time frame, just wasn't sure.

Sir-diealot

Don't overlook his 1 piece strikers, I have 4 of them and intend to get more.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

TauntoHawk

First custom call I ever bought was a twisted sister and it's still my favorite pot call, I also like his strikers, boxes, and mouth calls

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BTH

Quote from: jamo on March 22, 2021, 09:03:52 PM
Thanks,BTH I was thinking it was made around that time frame, just wasn't sure.

Yessir anytime. Those older pots definitely have a better "ring" to them IMO. Hope you are doing well.
Phil 4:13

Jbird22

I own what's probably considered to be a "newer" CM and I'd put it up against any of the older, mythical CM's. Bottom line is Halloran makes a fine pot call and I don't care what his process is for making them.

Being a CAD guy who occasionally dabbles with CAM, I laugh at some of the remarks made regarding calls made by CNC vs hand made. The same people who talk down on CNC-made turkey calls will likely brag about the fit and finish on their $1200 CNC-made shotguns. I get that you like what you like but seems awful ironic at the same time...

Dr Juice

Quote from: Jbird22 on March 23, 2021, 02:11:40 PM
I own what's probably considered to be a "newer" CM and I'd put it up against any of the older, mythical CM's. Bottom line is Halloran makes a fine pot call and I don't care what his process is for making them.

Being a CAD guy who occasionally dabbles with CAM, I laugh at some of the remarks made regarding calls made by CNC vs hand made. The same people who talk down on CNC-made turkey calls will likely brag about the fit and finish on their $1200 CNC-made shotguns. I get that you like what you like but seems awful ironic at the same time...

Which Gun

I have no complaints with his pot calls I own two of them. I've emailed him a few times with questions he has always gotten back to me in a timely matter. I would rather get a great call that works in a timely manner then be put on a list in hopes I get it before I die.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Which Gun on March 23, 2021, 08:12:57 PM
  I have no complaints with his pot calls I own two of them. I've emailed him a few times with questions he has always gotten back to me in a timely matter. I would rather get a great call that works in a timely manner then be put on a list in hopes I get it before I die.
Absolutely

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OsceolaDreams

does anyone have his phone number, I bought his ceramic call and the playing surface cracked. I messaged them and they told me to send it back, its been 2 months and haven't heard anything and cant get a response to my messages and cant find a phone number

76chevy

HookedonHooks

Quote from: OsceolaDreams on March 24, 2021, 02:06:13 PM
does anyone have his phone number, I bought his ceramic call and the playing surface cracked. I messaged them and they told me to send it back, its been 2 months and haven't heard anything and cant get a response to my messages and cant find a phone number
Must've blown up on his lathe  :z-guntootsmiley: