turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Attack

Started by JK Spurs, May 23, 2017, 08:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JK Spurs

So I'm walking down a gas well road this morning just trying to get a Tom fired up. I walk on to a well site when all of a sudden something comes running through the high weeds from under a meter house! Yep! Hen was nesting under it and I was not welcomed. She charged me like a boar and went to the air trying to get to my head! My hat flew off and I'm swinging my barrel to keep her away. She ran me in circles around the well site chasing me like a rabid dog! Every time I tried to get off the well site she would cut me off trying to chase me. You had to be there to believe it! I know wildlife get aggressive to protect their young but this was ridiculous. Kind of embarrassing too... pretty much sums up my PA season. Not only have the gobblers kicked my --- ,the hens are joining in as well.
I like my turkey well peppered

SteelerFan

:TooFunny:

I know the feeling! (Not the beat down from a hen feeling... but the butt kickin' in the mountain feeling)

snapper1982

Greg Massey

Were you fanning ...ha ha ha

GobbleNut

mgm1955

Cottonmouth

I bet you were using that squealing hen call. Everybody knows it brings em in on a string.

1iagobblergetter

That would've been a good you tube video. Lol..

chatterbox

wvmntnhick

I've had that happen plenty of times with nesting geese but never with a turkey. They generally either lay tight or bust outta there. That's pretty darned funny right there.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

ncwoodsman

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are. Thanks for the good laugh!  :TooFunny:

tha bugman

Vabirddog

Curious if you saw the nest? Haven't ever seen a hen defend a nest but will defend young aggressively. Wondering if she had a clutch already. Except for the beatdown I would be loving that hen. She will likely keep you in turkeys for many years!

Ozarks Hillbilly

To bad didn't get that on video AFV may have made you $100,000 richer.