OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: I am an idjit.  (Read 2658 times)

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
I am an idjit.
« on: May 19, 2017, 10:58:30 PM »
I just noticed my broken spur should be a quarter inch not half an inch. I am not sure what Crack I was smoking when I measured it but I will adjust the score. My apologies.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
I am an idjit.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 01:11:42 PM »
Well it looks like my season is done. I should have my last tag wrapped around a decent bird right now but instead I am busy trying to kick my own rearend. I struck a bird this morn. He was hot and I busted it to get in position. He was coming on a line and gobbling well. I sat against the same tree that has seen another bird or two die in my past and I thought it was all over but the shot. He hung up on a seep that has some wet swamp cabbage growing in it. Normally I have never had an issue with a bird hanging up there. Course it's usually before we have much  greenup in the year either. I could see him in plain sight at 70 yards but he wasn't gonna cross. I thought no big deal I will let him work off and then move forward and call him back and kill him. He strutted and gobbled for ten minutes or so and then walked over the lip of the ridge. Knowing it was my chance I got up and started creeping forward to gain those precious 30 yards I needed. I heard the alarm putts and looked to and there stood a second tom that was coming in silent. We stared at each other and then he ran staight down the ridge over top of my original bird. So that looks like the end of my year fellows. Sorry I couldn't get a higher scoring bird but that busted spur didn't help me much. Work killed me this year as I have only been out about half as much as usual so I should be thankful for the three I did kill. I had fun and that is the most important part of it. Congrats to all you fellows and thanks for letting me be on the team. I really enjoyed it.

Offline lmbhngr

• Longbeard
Re: I am an idjit.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 05:39:27 PM »
Don't feel bad... I didn't read rules before I cleaned up my bird so therefore I can't even enter nine for the team. That's an idiot

Offline spurman

• In Memorial
  • Double Beard
  • LM NRA. DAV, KYANG
Re: I am an idjit.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 09:36:28 AM »
Don't beat yourselves up guys, you tried, you killed a turkey and you got to go turkey hunting. All good things.  :icon_thumright:
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
I am an idjit.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 02:22:14 PM »
Oh i had fun. All my birds scored just fine on my personal satisfaction scale. I was thinking my last one was gonna be a better scoring bird than he turned out to be but I still would have killed him. Up here in the mountains a 60 point bird is a pretty nice scorewise. To me they are all good ones.