Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

How Many?

Started by GobbleNut, May 18, 2017, 09:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Not that I am into "body counts", but I just thought it would interesting to see just how many total birds the Crusaders harvested this spring as a team.  It seems that lots of gobblers hit the turf.  For me personally, I usually kill three or four total birds each spring, but this year I ended up with six.  Anybody else interested in tallying up the total birds taken?

hookedspur

I had an awesome season this year with 13
I started in Tennesee then Kentucky back home to Ohio
Then a two state swing with Nebraska and Kansas an was lucky enough
not to have any tags left ..
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

wvmntnhick

2. Still 200% better than last year. Only got to hunt Virginia once this year. Called one in for my buddy and he blew it. Might get a crack at Maryland Saturday morning but that's all up in the air at the moment.

hookedspur

Snapper added 8 so far but he's trying his best t add to that
CRUSADERS

whiskey

8 if I counted right.

Should have been 9, but Roost1 shot my bird in the butt and made him jump when we were trying to double. He does it every year. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vicksburg

I have killed 4 so far...
]

honker22

People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

reflexl

I killed 73. I would have got away with it if the turkey farmer hadn't got my tag number. Still haven't got all the feathers out of my radiator but what a rush!!

GobbleNut

Quote from: reflexl on May 19, 2017, 11:31:01 PM
I killed 73. I would have got away with it if the turkey farmer hadn't got my tag number. Still haven't got all the feathers out of my radiator but what a rush!!

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:  Only 73?  Must have been a bad day.   :toothy12:

American Strutter

Ended up only taking 6 this year. But filmed my 6 year old daughter and my wife both kill their first on camera. So was the best year I've had yet considering that!

Roost 1

Quote from: American Strutter on May 20, 2017, 05:23:06 PM
Ended up only taking 6 this year. But filmed my 6 year old daughter and my wife both kill their first on camera. So was the best year I've had yet considering that!

Sounds like a good year.. congrats to you and your family.

BOFF

4 this year.

God Bless,
David B.

wvmntnhick

Good grief! I need a different job apparently. Low man on the totem pole again.

Roost 1

10 that my buds let me keep......... From GA up to IN. Blessed with a great season.

hookedspur

Looks like 65 or so ,that's a good season ,in numbers ,but.

I had maybe the best season in my turkey hunting career, seemed like everything went right.
CRUSADERS