OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Little off subject

Started by Bowguy, May 14, 2017, 01:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

With turkey seasons winding down in some areas, not that it has here yet, some guys thoughts are prob turning to fall archery seasons. Maybe thinking about dif bows n such.
Not to sway anyone away from their choices but one bow I'd really give consideration to is the Bowtech Reign. Man that bow smokes.
Let me qualify you a little bit. I don't work for Bowtech or anything not sponsored by, don't sell em. I've been sick, it's been tough hunting this year but this isn't about that. I still have the outdoors in me. Short stints off the porch have me shooting crazy groups w this bow at 60 yards. I don't condone long shots on game but there's nothing cooler than watching an arrow arch through the sky n drop right into your target be it 3D or just spots.
The bow allows you to hold on prob easier than any bow I've used. Got very little jump at the release and draws super smooth.
The bow has a couple settings, mine is on comfort setting as my shoulders tell me to stay there.
Id thought Elite had the answers, Bowtech's got em beat. If you're in the market this summer, do yourself a favor n shoot that bow.

Happy

Always was a fan of bowtech bows. Had my limb blow up last winter and I don't want to get a new bow for sentimental reasons. Have a new set of barnesdale 75lb limbs on the way so all is good. Have to say my destroyer is one sweet shooting bow and has taken many deer.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Bowguy

Last Bowtech I've personally was a patriot. Had that bow 15 years n it killed an awful lot of deer n bears. Nothing like the new bow though

Happy

Had the Patriot single cam as well. It was a good bow also. I usually buy a new bow every ten years or so. My wife bought the destroyer for me so I plan on keeping it running for a while. That and it just flat shoots well.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Rzrbac

Loved  my Insanity CPXL, it laid down a few deer and the biggest buck I have ever killed.  I haven't shot the Reign but drew one back. It draws smooth and it's Bowtech so I wouldn't hesitate to take one to the woods.  I've always liked Bowtechs. Their Overdrive Binary cam system makes tuning easy.

Cottonmouth

I've been shooting a General for about 9 yrs now. Just cant justify buying a new one as good as it shoots

Greg Massey

Believe it or not i shot competitive archery for years.. Shot Ben Pearson bow's , easton arrows and was sponsor by Budweiser...Still have a couple of my old bows and old equipment...Shot indoor and outdoor tournaments including 3 D and broadhead tournaments ....traveled all over Tenn, Miss, Ala, Mo and Ark...Have been to the Ben Pearson Factory several times and had my bows restring and tune....In those years i saw a lot of Ben Pearson old long bows and equipment he used on all his hunts including knives and old leather quivers....

Gooserbat

I'm shooting the new Darton Maverick ll.  Best bow I've ever shot.  Very quiet, and vibe free.  And Fast.  Infact I have one arrow recipe that's doing 320s and I'm only shooting 54#.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Bowguy

:angel2:
Quote from: Greg Massey on May 14, 2017, 06:37:30 PM
Believe it or not i shot competitive archery for years.. Shot Ben Pearson bow's , easton arrows and was sponsor by Budweiser...Still have a couple of my old bows and old equipment...Shot indoor and outdoor tournaments including 3 D and broadhead tournaments ....traveled all over Tenn, Miss, Ala, Mo and Ark...Have been to the Ben Pearson Factory several times and had my bows restring and tune....In those years i saw a lot of Ben Pearson old long bows and equipment he used on all his hunts including knives and old leather quivers....
Wow that's pretty cool!

Bowguy

Quote from: Gooserbat on May 14, 2017, 06:49:23 PM
I'm shooting the new Darton Maverick ll.  Best bow I've ever shot.  Very quiet, and vibe free.  And Fast.  Infact I have one arrow recipe that's doing 320s and I'm only shooting 54#.
Shot a maverick for years. Really liked that bow but blew limbs on it twice. Didn't actually know they still made em??

wvmntnhick

Recently switched to a prime rival. Like it a lot right now. It'll probably be the last compound I buy. My next vertical bow will hopefully be a recurve.

Gooserbat

Quote from: Bowguy on May 14, 2017, 08:37:55 PM
Quote from: Gooserbat on May 14, 2017, 06:49:23 PM
Shot a maverick for years. Really liked that bow but blew limbs on it twice. Didn't actually know they still made em??

Only a name.  The new Maverick is a far cry from the old one. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Bowguy

Quote from: wvmntnhick on May 14, 2017, 10:01:49 PM
Recently switched to a prime rival. Like it a lot right now. It'll probably be the last compound I buy. My next vertical bow will hopefully be a recurve.
I've shot the primes. They were nice shooting bows too. I just hated the way the handle felt. Other than that I def woulda considered it.
I still shoot recurves too. Was a straight stykbow guy for years. My shoulders forced me back to compounds but I still shoot, sometimes hunt w a Widow and Bighorn. Both in the 60s.
I need to get lighter limbs. Love shooting them though

tha bugman

Good bows for sure, but I will be sticking with the diamond, kills what I hit with it...including trees  :z-dizzy: :TooFunny:

Chris O

I bought a bow tech allegiance in 2008 and I'm still shooting it. Bow tech is a very smooth forgiving brand and a great warranty.