OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wife's New Turkey Gun--Gunsmith?--PIX

Started by gatrapper, May 14, 2017, 11:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Hey Y'all,

My wife was able to shoot two excellent gobblers this year, so I decided that she needed her own gun. We picked up a Remington 870 SPS Supermag yesterday at Cabelas.

I noticed that the trigger pull is incredibly long and I would like to have the gun ported and patterned. Can anyone recommend a great gunsmith that will allow me to ship my gun to them?
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

nitro

William Lambert at Sumtoy. 

He is in Jesup, GA (912)237-4360
Royal Slam 2008

Bowguy

Congrats on the new gun, great smile, you did good

chatterbox

I'd have to say she earned that gun!
Hope many a gobbler falls to the new one!

dutch@fx4

Is it a 12g or a 20g I have the 12g and find it pretty heavy.

gatrapper

SinGin

Gun? What gun? Just kidding. Congrats on her birds and I'd say she earned that gun

nsselle

Have that same gun, shoot 3' with her, 3.5' pack a wallup in that gun, but its a killer for sure.  It also reaches out there with a tight group with factory choke, try it before you buy another choke, I dont think you will be disappointed.

TauntoHawk

I went 20ga for my wife wheatherby sa-459 it's super light and patterns amazing. Shoots so good I use it 90% over a 12 whenever she isn't with me

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Is she sure she wants to shoot a 12 at them? That's a lot of recoil on a small frame.  Just asking to ensure she's absolutely certain of the punishment that gun will deliver on the back end.... wondering if you considered the 20 ga option w the weatherby sa 459 or an 870 20 ga and heavyweight 7s?

gatrapper

She has been shooting my 12 gauge Supermag with 3.5 inch and has never said a word about it kicking to hard. I'm sure porting the gun and extending the forcing cone will reduce recoil too.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: gatrapper on May 14, 2017, 07:31:16 PM
She has been shooting my 12 gauge Supermag with 3.5 inch and has never said a word about it kicking to hard. I'm sure porting the gun and extending the forcing cone will reduce recoil too.

For porting, forcing cone work I'd send it to Angleport; might as well have them polish the barrel while it's there, too.

Sumtoy .650 and hevi13 6s or 7s and that'll be an unbelievable gun.

Glad to see you've got the mrs involved.  Cheers to you two!

nsselle

do any of you really feel recoil when the trigger is pulled on a bird? It's not punishment it's pure enjoyment

Happy

Congrats on the gun and having a turkey hunting wife. Them women can be vicious when it comes to Killin stuff. I got two of them running round the house. I have never had to say shoot twice!

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Codeman

Rob Roberts let him port polish choke and forc cone great work