OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Florida outfitters??

Started by chaz_z71, May 13, 2017, 06:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaz_z71

I am wanting to plan a trip for my wife and I next year can anyone point me in some direction that is a great place to go. Thank you

skimerhorn

I've heard Osceola outdoors is good

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Prohunter3509

:anim_25:
I used Osceola shooters this year
Trevor is the owner and guide
Wow and does he have the birds
My son and myself both scored great birds
And had a great time he 8 just out of daytona about 20 miles

JRWALLSIII

Gods Country Outfitters!!!!
Honest guys with lots of land and tons of birds

Old Gobbler

You want to book with a reputable outfitter that is in the Orlando area and south , north of Orlando is hybrids ...they will say different to get your $

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Austy

I agree with Old Gobbler's post, Orlando area and south for a good representation of an Osceola turkey otherwise your shooting a hybrid although recognized by the NWTF as an Osceola.  My first Osceola was in Levy county and although its recognized as an Osceola by the NWTF the wings were no different than any Eastern I have ever killed.  The further south you go the darker those primary wing feathers become which is what you want.

Roost 1

AndyH

Swamp gobbler outfitters in Okeechobee. Been down there several times with them and always have a great hunt. I know there are several members on this site that have hunted with them also.

gotcha

Quote from: Old Gobbler on May 14, 2017, 08:06:54 AM
You want to book with a reputable outfitter that is in the Orlando area and south , north of Orlando is hybrids ...they will say different to get your $

Yep,it amazes me how the range of the Osceola has moved futher north with the popularity of the quest for a slam.

arrow1

Mike Tussey of Osceola Outdoors does a great hunt.  You'll experience a little tradition and hunt with a hardcore bunch of guides. Lots of laughs, great traditions and great hunting. I took my 75 year old Dad last season to get his first Osceola and I completed my second Grand Slam.  We talk about that hunt everytime we get together.  It helps a little too that my in-laws became Florida residents and live an hour and 15 minutes from turkey camp and can pick us up from airport, overnight us and give us a vehicle to get to camp and back.  I look forward to a return trip one day soon.

Txag12

I've been looking pretty hard...names I have come across and narrowed it down to are swamp gobbler outfitters, DC cattle, Osceola outdoors, storey hunts, tag it worldwide, and cypress roost outfitters. Would love feedback on any of these, some of them I find limited info on but what I have sounds good. Worried about getting screwed out of a good chunk of cash for how much these Osceolas go for

Roost 1

It's a shame S&N Outfitters did not make your short list... great guy with over 6000 aces managed year round for turkeys..

Txag12

Quote from: Roost 1 on May 16, 2017, 07:20:23 PM
It's a shame S&N Outfitters did not make your short list... great guy with over 6000 aces managed year round for turkeys..

I could be wrong but from what I read their hunts take place in areas more likely to be hybrids. For the kind of money a Osceola hunt runs I want a sure deal on a true Osceola

Mossberg835

Swamp gobblers are great!  Myself and dad got birds with them last year opening weekend