turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Midwest Whitetail – Spring Thunder

Started by chadly, May 12, 2017, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

pretty much given up on watching hunting videos...got better things to do with my time than spend 30 min or more watching commercials in between commercials

chadly

Quote from: tha bugman on May 15, 2017, 10:11:00 AM
pretty much given up on watching hunting videos...got better things to do with my time than spend 30 min or more watching commercials in between commercials
I'm not sure if they have a tv version.  I go to the site and watch the new show every Monday.  As fare as commercials they have 30 second blip in the beginning showing the sponsors.  No commercials during the show. 

Gobble!

culpeper

I have watched and followed MWW since it's inception in 2007/2008.  Bill, Aaron, Andy, David, Greg, and those who have come and gone on the show do a very good job.  I have met Aaron Andy and David a few times at the NWTF Convention, they are good people.  They may not be the best callers, Aaron is quite respectable IMO, but few of us are.  You also have to remember they are restricted to only production calls, Woodhaven.  The actual hunts, the production work, lessons learned and off-season shows are all very well produced with good content.  Aaron does a great job explaining things and I commend them on tackling the public land for their turkey and deer hunts the past couple years.  They all have just as much access to private land as does Winke, but they take on the challenge and have done well with it.

catman529

I haven't watched their deer show but really got into their Spring Thunder videos this spring. I am behind on them now, don't really want to watch anymore, trying to cope with post-season depression lol

KYFrid

Love the show. It's pretty much the only turkey hunting show I watch anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Volgobbler

tysonhunter

Anybody caught the hunting public turkey tour? It is the group that used to be on MWW and always hunted public and branched off on their own. I tell you what, I have REALLY enjoyed following their stuff.

Dtrkyman

I have, great series, real hunting and some entertaining guys.

chadly

I check youtube daily more than I should looking for new videos.  I love everything the guys put out.  True hunters that capture true hunting.  None better!

TauntoHawk

Midwest and spring thunder aren't a quarter of what they were without Aaron and his crew. Follow the hunting public but find myself only watching midwest or spring thunder when there's nothing else left I follow. Spring thunder boys can't seem to kill a bird without fanning or reaping which is about as tough as shooting them with rifles in the spring.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dublelung

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 06, 2018, 11:27:17 PM
Midwest and spring thunder aren't a quarter of what they were without Aaron and his crew. Follow the hunting public but find myself only watching midwest or spring thunder when there's nothing else left I follow. Spring thunder boys can't seem to kill a bird without fanning or reaping which is about as tough as shooting them with rifles in the spring.

Agree 100%

Chris O

Quote from: chadly on May 15, 2017, 11:16:20 AM
Quote from: tha bugman on May 15, 2017, 10:11:00 AM
I'm not sure if they have a tv version.  I go to the site and watch the new show every Monday.  As fare as commercials they have 30 second blip in the beginning showing the sponsors.  No commercials during the show.
I don't watch hunting shows anymore either, I got burnt out. I do like some of the people on the shows but the commercials are too much. Thanks for telling about this show fellow Iowan I may have to check it out

ccleroy

I noticed that also, it's a damn epidemic.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: ccleroy on April 07, 2018, 06:55:25 AM

I noticed that also, it's a damn epidemic.
You can tell the host is dealing with all the extras of filming and having camera guys with and not being able to go to birds or set up close along with the pressure of needing kills on Camera.

But it's not compelling to watch. Could change show name to "Punching Tags"

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>