OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

early morning phone call-tha psychatrist is in

Started by tha bugman, May 10, 2017, 10:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Getting everyone ready to go to school this morning, I walk into my hunting room and make a few yelps on my Gooserbat Ol' Hickory....my phone starts ringing...who could be calling me this early in the morning?...kinda don't want to look for fear it could be bad news.....I see that its my buddy from VA (this is his second year after turkey).  I answer the phone smiling and say..."Well are you standing over him?"   Immediately I can tell in his voice that he did not close the deal but had one heck of an encounter....A very close call on a bird he had worked very hard to get to, only to have everything going right to everything going wrong...Here he was on top of what I am sure is a beautiful mountain, calling The Sip to help deal with the disappointment...I said "man I know exactly how you are feeling right now." he said, "Yeah I know you do and that's why I am calling, so you can help me deal with it"   :TooFunny:  I told him I wish I had better words for him, but birds from many moons ago still haunt my memories to this day, but when you are finally standing over him there is no better feeling in this world!  Dealing with the adversity and coming back stronger and not quitting makes us even better hunters in the end and the thrill of the success that much more intense!"  The only award a quitter gets is the knowledge that they gave up!

TauntoHawk

Yeah I got a buddy that we talk after most every hunt, run what we did and what we should have done. His advice from a state away has led to some dead birds  :newmascot:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tha bugman

The offending turkey died this morning at 6:40am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvboy

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

Gold Spur

Dang, that's a good bird. Congrats to the both of you.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

TauntoHawk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

yelpaholic

chatterbox

That's awesome!
Beautiful bird! Congrats to your buddy!

guesswho

Sweet, glad he got him.   I have a closet full that still bother me.  And one from Florida about forty years ago that still causes me to go back down there and take it out on what I like to think is his relatives!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Dr Juice

dutch@fx4

That makes it so much better when you finally beat him at his game. Congrats