OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Rain  (Read 2739 times)

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
Rain
« on: May 10, 2017, 08:12:28 AM »
Man between my ailments n trying to squeeze some time in this year is tough. Calling for an inch of rain Sat n I only have the weekends now. Maybe Sun it'll be less. How you open guys doing weather wise?

Offline BABS9

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Rain
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 11:19:39 AM »
Keep at it man hope it gets better for you.

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 11:55:32 AM »
Good luck my friend!  You will get another.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 12:14:42 PM »
It has been a wet spring, on the east coast, to say the least.  The week I tagged out I spent a morning sitting in a pop up blind with nearly 2-3" of water underneath me.  Hope any early poults we had here in VA weren't effected by it.  Keep at it, bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work IMO.

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 12:20:04 PM »
I was lucky with the weather this Spring, only had one wet weekend. Like everything else, they are still out there being turkeys and you will fill tags.

Offline Rzrbac

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 07:05:48 PM »
It was a rough season. Lots of water and the birds stayed quiet.  I had wet feet everyday I hunted.