OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

7th Tough Mudder In Atlanta

Started by Stoner, May 09, 2017, 10:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

I ran my 7th Tough Mudder in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. It was a tough and hot course; my gps measure the course at 12.82 miles. My daughter Val ran with me and completed all the obstacles and received her Legionnaire status. Val has Downs Syndrome but that has never held her back from doing anything. Last year at her first Tough Mudder in Atlanta on the Mt. Everest obstacle (18 foot incline wall) Val did a face-plant and cut her chin but still made it up the obstacle. This year I carried a rope to help her up Everest; right before I ran up Everest I ask her if she needed the rope and her response was "I got this Dad". She made it up on her third attempt; the people on top of the wall was chanting VAL, VAL and the spectators below picked up on the chant, it was very moving to hear. Many of the participants remembered Val from last year. I was one of the older guys out there at 64.   Doing 8th Tough Mudder next October in Central Florida.

Hootin-N-Hammer

That's awesome Stoner! Y'all are doing way better than I could, no way I could make it all the way through those courses.

nsselle

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

That is pretty darn cool. Congrats to you both!
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

dirtnap

Nice Stoner.  I always enjoyed your posts.

steveo

Way to go !!!! That's awesome, congrats to you both.

Gold Spur

Congrats to the both of you! Looks like y'all were having a blast.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Cottonmouth

Congrats to both of you. Quality time with your daughter. ....something to remember forever.

Double B

That's great, you guys rock!    :you_rock:
Followed by buzzards

Happy

Pretty impressive.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

tha bugman

Thats awesome you got to share that with your daughter!  Way to go!~! :you_rock:

Vabirddog

Very impressive. You guys make a very inspirational pair! No doubt you taught many, young and old alike, some good life lessons with your example.

dublelung

Very awesome way to spend time with your daughter. Congratulations to the both of you!

chatterbox

Awesome Stoner!
She is one tough young lady, certainly a lot tougher than I am!
Congrats to both of you on a job well done! :icon_thumright:

TauntoHawk

:icon_thumright:You guys are beasts!!! I've run a few of these type races and they are no joke. A spartan race at blue mountain, PA is probably the hardest physical thing I've ever done

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>