News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

May 7--Wife and I Doubled Up---PIX

Started by gatrapper, May 09, 2017, 10:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Hey Y'all,

My wife was able to shoot a monster a few weeks ago.

Since then we have been terrorized by a group of 10 jakes and have been running off every opportunity we had at a gobbler. Since the jakes arrived I haven't seen or heard anymore gobblers.

On Friday, May 5, I decided to hit the woods after work for an evening hunt. I was dealing with 20+ mph winds and rain. I have a spot in a cattle field that is protected by a hedgerow. I set up there figuring that if any birds came out they would pick that spot. At 6:30 pm a jake popped into the field and I popped him.

Fast forward to Sunday morning.

It was 39 degrees and very foggy. The weatherman said it was going to be sunny so I setup the blind where the sun hits first thing in the morning. The wife and I were in the blind and by 7:30 the field was still very foggy and the wife was wanting to go back to bed. I told her that as soon as the fog clears out and the sun starts to warm up the field these birds would want to be out there to sun themselves since the previous three days were rainy and cold.

I decided to pull out a box call that I haven't used in a few years and started to send a few calls out. Seconds later a hen started yelping like crazy and didn't stop for several minutes. As she was yelping we heard a gobble over the hill. Then we see two gobblers headed our way. The birds got to 40-45 yards and hung up.  I told my wife to shoot the one on the left and I took the bird on the right.

Wife's bird

My bird

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

SheGotHoOks

absolutely love it!! congrats to both of y'all... beautiful birds..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

turkey harvester

Congrats to both of you. Couldn't as for a better hunting partner. My wife and I hunt together all the time.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

skimerhorn

eddie234

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

WiLL B

steveo

Awesome Gobblers!! Congrats to you both..... nice spending time together outdoors and the harvest just makes it sweeter !!!.

culpeper

Wow, she did shoot a toad....your time spent together is fantastic, congratulations on the double!!!

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

gunboy203

Congrats on getting all the birds you both got..