OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Russell Moccasin Snake Boots

Started by DocGobbler, May 07, 2017, 11:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocGobbler

I'm a big guy and along with a big gut come big calves. I haven't found a comfortable snake boot yet. I hunt Texas and Oklahoma. I serve as a veterinarian on the red river and from that experience alone I know there are plenty of snakes in the areas I chase a turkey. Copperheads are my biggest threat but the timber rattlers are around too and when I travel out west to hunt the diamondbacks come into play. To find a boot that'll fit me right and be comfortable enough that I can walk all day without sweating profusely, I've began looking at the custom route. Yes $500-$600 on footwear rather than a turkey gun seems outrageous but I've always believed you do get what you pay for. Russell Moccasin snake boots have been my finding in the custom department that many folks are happy with. There's an average wait time of 6 months to get them so I'm looking to get the ball rolling now so I'm not wandering the woods again next spring in boots that may or may not stop a viper. Those of y'all that have Russell's are you all happy with them? Are there other custom boot makers out there with good products to look at? Biggest attraction to the Russell's were multiple reviews stating they resoled the boot 5-6 times and have thus had a pair that held up 15 years. If they really can do that then the money to me is worth it. Thanks for the help.

Bill Cooksey

Russell just came out with these. I know Jason Hart pretty well, but that's my only association. Hope it's alright to post the link. http://www.russellmoccasin.com/harts-turkey-hunter/

Matt k

I love mine, I don't regret buying them one bit. i don't know how I got by without them. Very comfortable.