OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally on the board...

Started by wytrat785, May 06, 2017, 08:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wytrat785

Finally filled one of my tags this morning. Been tough early on with this guy being henned up. 2 weeks ago he was coming in to my set only to have a big male coyote chase him and hens he was with. Rained out last weekend but picture perfect this morning. Couldn't have asked for a finer day! He was henned up again with 8 to 10 hens again this morning and was moving off with most of the hens in the wrong direction yet again. I was watching a hen dust and preen herself when she dropped down and stayed motionless in the field. I scanned with the binos and yup, Wile E Coyote was making another guest appearance. Same big male from 2 weeks ago. This time however the Good Lord saw fit to have him circle around the flock to where he pushed them back towards me. Continued with the purrs, clucks and cutts on my new Lights Out Tigerwood stainless steel from Wendell Rye and he came in on a string, strutting, spitting and drumming to 35 yards where he got a nice load of Magblends! Final stats, 21.2lbs., 11.25" beard, right spur 1.575", left spur 1.496" for a total score of 74.41. Now on to filling tag number 2.  :icon_thumright:

renegade19

Bowhunter123224

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Greg Massey

beagler

Never Misses

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!