turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Planning an Ohio trip!

Started by Trkyhuntr4life, May 05, 2017, 04:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trkyhuntr4life

Ended up checking on another part of Egypt valley today after not hearing much or seeing anything this morning.   Found an area that looked good and pulled over and while I was checking my maps I hear a bird fire off!  I know he's a long way off and I jump out to start toward him.  By the time I get to him he's in the tree, I jumped two hens before I get to him so I'm pretty sure he's alone.  He was in the tree to and gobbled till it was dark.  I yelped a few times and he answered me, done a fly up and left him.  He was still gobbling when I got back to my truck.  I onlyhave a couple hours to hunt in the morning gotta be at work tomorrow evening at 6!  Need a little luck in the morning!

Trkyhuntr4life

Well this morning didn't exactly go according to plan.  I get into where I roosted a bird last night and he's already gobbling.  I sneak to where I want to set up and tree yelp a few times.  He answers me twice and then flies into the tree right above me.  I notice as the sails in what I was worried about last night.  It's a Jake.  I watch him gobble right above me for the next 5 minutes when suddenly a hen sails in from behind me and lands 40 yards from me.  She disappears and never says a word, apparently she has a nest here.  The Jake putts twice then takes back off and flies back to his original roost.  Was a long drive back to work today.

West Augusta

I'm on a ridge on state ground in Ohio right now.  Got a nice one earlier this week. 
Tough hunting for sure but having a blast.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Trkyhuntr4life

I needed more than two days to figure it out.  Lots of birds there just never been before and went in blind.  Beautiful place though.