OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Great morning in Georgia  (Read 2628 times)

Offline jbrown

• The Boss Gobbler
Great morning in Georgia
« on: May 04, 2017, 06:54:46 PM »
Had a great hunt this morning, walked in and hooted 1 time, bird gobbled maybe 125 yards away. I sat down and waited for fly down time, he gobbled 8 times before he flew down, I tree called once before he flew down and he gobbled back cutting the call. I could hear hens flying down and yelping, I did a wing fly down and he doubled gobbled. I yelped on my trumpet and he answered. A 2 year gobbler came from behind, sneaking in to the decoy and I killed him with the 20 gauge. 20 minutes later, I was able to call in the other gobbler who had 3 hens with him. These hens were really mouthy, I matched the boss hen Yelp for Yelp, she got ticked off and came in to check me out. He gobbled good on the ground and strutted up to the decoy, another 30 yd shot. He's not a stud, but it was an exciting hunt and I was happy to load them in the truck. Thank you Lord for a gorgeous morning and an awesome hunt!
Biggest gobbler weight  20.01 lb
                       Beard.  10.25 in
                       L spur.  1.0625
                       R spur.  1.0625
                       Score.   61.7600   
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 10:19:54 PM by jbrown »

Offline merocustomcalls

• Longbeard
    • merocustomcalls.com
Re: Great morning in Georgia
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 10:44:45 PM »
Nice hunt Jim, I like how you went after the boss hen.  I've done that myself with success.  It almost seems more satisfying when you can get the best of both the hens and toms.

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
Re: Great morning in Georgia
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 05:51:10 PM »
Ill get your pictures loaded up this weekend Jim. Glad you got on them.
Georgia Boy

Offline Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
Great morning in Georgia
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 07:49:07 PM »
Congrats Jim!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk