turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

No debate, no peeing match, just a simple YES, NO, NEVER HAVE, or NOT ANYMORE

Started by dublelung, May 03, 2017, 11:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

have a couple of times , but no for 99 percent of my turkey hunting career no . I bought a couple of montana dekes last year and lugged them one hunt. never put them out and threw them in my attic afterwards.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

BBD

I have with mixed results.   As a hunter if you aren't willing to adapt and change tactics when the situation calls for it then you will miss opportunities.   I will say this year I had the worst results than I ever have.  The videos I am seeing with hunters holding full strut decoys right infront of their face is insane. That along with the TSS phenomenon is going to get people killed  :z-twocents:

Dtrkyman

richard black

Swampchickin234

trkehunr93

yes but depends if its a field vs. woods.  I hunt mostly mountains so rarely do they come out.

tha bugman

yes I have one with me but it all really depends.  I have had times that I wished I would have and there are times that I had not...  all driven by the situation.  I have a friend that as soon as the turkey gobbles he says "Stick the decoy out!"....uhmmmm but we still have 1/2 mile to go   :TooFunny:

Blong

Yes. I bowhunt from a tent blind. I've already got their eyes beat by totally concealing my movement and the decoys take away any awareness of danger  they may have left. It's just as hard to shoot a milk jug but I can't brag that I bowhunt turkeys by shooting milk jugs.

dublelung

Quote from: Blong on May 04, 2017, 10:11:57 AM
Yes. I bowhunt from a tent blind. I've already got their eyes beat by totally concealing my movement and the decoys take away any awareness of danger  they may have left. It's just as hard to shoot a milk jug but I can't brag that I bowhunt turkeys by shooting milk jugs.

:you_rock: :happy0064: :you_rock: Best one yet!

yelpaholic

Yes i carry a feather flex decoy and fold it over the top strand of fences when crossing eliminates tearing my pants.. use it often :OGturkeyhead:

Greg Massey

Yes early part of season and less in the later part of season....i don't have a problem with who uses them...If i'm hunting fields always....  decoys are always easy to carry it's that turkey i kill after using the decoys that i have a problem carrying him out to the truck...

cwb04