OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Late afternoon  (Read 7412 times)

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
Late afternoon
« on: May 03, 2017, 10:20:16 AM »
I know that the seasons in several of the southern states have ended and that there are still many opportunities to travel to other states to fill a tag this year. We really need some birds to post from several hunters in order to fill our 9 slots. If we posted 2 birds in the 60 point range from those guys who have not posted yet, we would be in the top 3 teams. We are presently in 5th place.

There is one new team who has not posted any scores and yet have killed several scorable birds. I suspect them to come in at the last minute with all of their official entries to surprise everyone. Really overly competitive for a friendly game. It's like playing softball and withholding your score until the bottom of the final inning.

We still have some time to bulk up the scores. Good luck in the woods.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline harleytom

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Tinypic
Late afternoon
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 11:20:37 AM »
Hoping for an upgrade in NE later this month but that won't make up for only 7 birds posted, even if I'm that fortunate.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
Re: Late afternoon
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 11:48:24 AM »
Please remember that upgrades are always welcome. We really need first entries from at least two more people for
the greatest scoring impact.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline Sand Man

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 12:34:38 PM »
Scott killed a bird in Pennsylvania today he'll post soon

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 02:40:54 PM »
Update:  With the addition of 3seasons gobbler, we have now moved up into 3rd place. If we can add another good bird, it would move us into 2nd place. Remember that all these other teams are pushing hard at the end as well.

Gentlemen, this team has done a terrific job so far this year, just stay after 'em. Hunt safely, my brothers.

FC

Offline cramerhunts

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 04:11:11 PM »
Awesome stuff going on all around. Loving it! I'm headed to MO tomorrow and wouldn't mind laying down an upgrade as well.

Offline Sand Man

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 05:25:26 PM »
Update:  With the addition of 3seasons gobbler, we have now moved up into 3rd place.

I guess I'm missing something as 489+ moves us to 2nd behind the 570 score?????   ???

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 06:01:55 PM »
The top 3 teams as of now are, Tennessee Dream Team with 570, Spur Collectors with 523 and The Roaring 20's with 489. This puts us about 34 points behind 2nd place, but Spur Collectors can only upgrade as they have their 9 top gobblers already. We have 8 gobblers scored right now so something as meager as a fat super-jake would put us into 2nd place.

Keep traveling and upgrading!

FC

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 06:35:18 PM »
Awesome stuff going on all around. Loving it! I'm headed to MO tomorrow and wouldn't mind laying down an upgrade as well.
Get you one of those 25 pound emu looking birds up there!

Cheers!  ;D

FC

Offline Sand Man

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 09:09:22 PM »
10-4.  I was only looking at the updated scores thread as of 5/1/2017

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2017, 08:24:38 AM »
Who all is still hunting? Whether in your own home state or travelling to others? We need at least one more bird from those who haven't gotten one this year yet. Hang in there. Several years ago I killed my only one that season 15 minutes after sunset on the last day.

Be safe.

FC

Offline paintbrush

• Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 06:35:34 PM »
I just got back from my MN. hunt and will have a gobbler that should score around 57. Not the biggest,but he's better then the 1 I got in SD. last week. I'll get him posted as soon as I get the pictures from my Grandson.

Online 3seasons

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 07:10:31 PM »
As long as work doesn't mess me up I am headed to take my daughter and dad to Nebraska in a couple weeks. I'm shooting last if at all but if I can upgrade what I've got then I'll shure give it a shot.

Possibley taking my wife to Texas on their last weekend of their season, we'll just have to see how that plays out.

Huge congrats to all those who have gotten birds and to those who haven't I feel your pain. This was my toughest season since i was a kid.  Granted my work played a lot to do with it but that's just part of life.

Offline xarcher

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 11:14:18 AM »
Who all is still hunting? Whether in your own home state or travelling to others? We need at least one more bird from those who haven't gotten one this year yet. Hang in there. Several years ago I killed my only one that season 15 minutes after sunset on the last day.

Be safe.

FC
Still have 3 weeks left in the season. 

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Offline cramerhunts

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 05:16:05 PM »
I didn't get an upgrade but did fill both of my MO tags. My daughter did as well completing her Royal Slam. I'm probably going to get another quick go at Texas and then up to Colorado for a Merriam's.

I know we need a ninth bird though to help us out, hopefully someone can pull through.